That God damned leftist media

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

That God damned leftist media

Postby lukpac » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:12 pm

Isabel comes calling and Washington shuts down

It's a story on the weather - how can they fuck that up? Well, take a look:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The nation's capital weathered Monica, Gennifer and Fanne, but Isabel may be more than it can handle.

The federal government in Washington shut down Thursday in anticipation of Hurricane Isabel, a powerful storm that moved ashore on the southern banks of North Carolina and headed on a path that could send it over the capital by late afternoon.

The storm posed a different sort of challenge to a city used to political disasters, such as the scandal involving President Clinton and Monica Lewinsky (preceded by allegations of an affair from Gennifer Flowers) or the escapades of a stripper and congressman as was the case in 1974 with Fanne Fox and former Rep. Wilbur Mills.

What do Monica and Gennifer (and Fanne) have to do with a storm, you may ask? I'd tell you if I knew...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:50 pm

Don't they call it the "Clinton News Network"?