Where are the rules and regulations?

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
Patrick M

Where are the rules and regulations?

Postby Patrick M » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:38 pm

I am concerned about these forums. I am afraid that if there are no firm but fair rules posted in an obvious location, this forum will devolve into CHAOS. Indeed, without a moderator to active member ratio of 5:1, I predict this place is doomed!

Friends, it is important to remember that our posts must reflect our actions, will, and intentions.

Yours,
Lovely P
Last edited by Patrick M on Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:15 pm

Accept responsibility for your actions!

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:23 pm

lukpac wrote:Accept responsibility for your actions!

Or live with the consequences of your actions.

Right? :P
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Ed Bishop

Postby Ed Bishop » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:17 am

Well, given how few members there are at this early stage, behavioral problems are beside the point. We can't get lucky enough for a true troublemaker to arrive. D would fill the bill, but he's AWOL, and anyway, since he knows some of us, wouldn't feel threatened anyway. A forum without a few characters is going to be dull as all hell, and a guy like Dave Goodwin is the perfect antidote for that. More members would be nice, too.

ED :P
When remixing vintage tapes, imagine you are back in the time those recordings were made, and mix accordingly. forget Today's Sound Sensibilities....

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:45 am

Feel free to spread the word.

britre

Postby britre » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:07 am

lukpac wrote:Feel free to spread the word.

I have started, and I welcome the opportunity to discuss audio related issues with true audiophiles, which it appears you all are.

Luke and myself had interesting discussions on a previous forum, but unfortunately those discussions were too much above the intelligence level of the other members.

I am very pleased to find a forum where there is intelligence, yet healthy disagreement on issues making for interesting reading everyday.

Thank you again Luke, and enough smoochie :roll:

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:09 am

Ed Bishop wrote: A forum without a few characters is going to be dull as all hell, and a guy like Dave Goodwin is the perfect antidote for that.

This is the second time I've read a reference to David McGoodwin on this forum. Why is he so essential to this forum's succvess? Look at SteveHoffman.tv--it seems to be doing just fine without the likes of DMcG. It's possible that he's a trouble maker. I'm new here, but I don't want trouble makers accusing me and others of using drugs. I think this forum should be serious and focus on music, not members who are not even members--or if they *are* members but don't have the courage to use their real name. Not using your real name is a sign of insecurity and flaccidness. Being insecure and flaccid are both OK, I guess, but if you are a male I think you should be more secure. Girls are insecure. Boys should be strong and not flaccid. That's my opinion.

Ed

Postby Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:15 pm

britre wrote:

Luke and myself had interesting discussions on a previous forum, but unfortunately those discussions were too much above the intelligence level of the other members.

Britre,

I have no idea who you are, but I like you already. Some life forms (I won't even call them people, as they haven't caught up with evolution yet) just can't handle honesty, especially when they suffer from a superiority complex. In short...fuckwits.

Best, Ed
Lukpacite...and proud of it ! I'm not hungry, I'm full, so don't feed me.

britre

Postby britre » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:26 pm

Ed wrote:
britre wrote:

Britre,

I have no idea who you are, but I like you already. Some life forms (I won't even call them people, as they haven't caught up with evolution yet) just can't handle honesty, especially when they suffer from a superiority complex. In short...fuckwits.

Best, Ed

thank you Ed, and I look forward to healthy debate on issues here. While we may agree to disagree on some issues, the bottom line is interesting forum reading for all involved and a healthy amount of interesting participation from human beings who can discuss issues or ideas and feelings on a human level without emotional outburst. I am again thankful that Luke took the initiative to start a inteligent forum.

Grant

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:16 pm

Ron wrote: I think this forum should be serious and focus on music, not members who are not even members--or if they *are* members but don't have the courage to use their real name.

Well, It has been made clear that this forum will be more than just about music. It is boring to be so serious all the time. This board, in my view, should actually be a place to cut loose a bit, more so than in a heavily moderated board.

You know, Luke, this is the perfect replacement for the ICE forum!

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:39 pm

Grant wrote:You know, Luke, this is the perfect replacement for the ICE forum!

Well, I'm not out to "replace" anything. The ICE board will no doubt go on for some time to come. I'm sure many people will simply prefer that format, be it for the content or the board layout.

prix

Postby prix » Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:14 am

Ron wrote:
Ed Bishop wrote: A forum without a few characters is going to be dull as all hell, and a guy like Dave Goodwin is the perfect antidote for that.

This is the second time I've read a reference to David McGoodwin on this forum. Why is he so essential to this forum's succvess? Look at SteveHoffman.tv--it seems to be doing just fine without the likes of DMcG. It's possible that he's a trouble maker. I'm new here, but I don't want trouble makers accusing me and others of using drugs. I think this forum should be serious and focus on music, not members who are not even members--or if they *are* members but don't have the courage to use their real name. Not using your real name is a sign of insecurity and flaccidness. Being insecure and flaccid are both OK, I guess, but if you are a male I think you should be more secure. Girls are insecure. Boys should be strong and not flaccid. That's my opinion.

Ron, you big girly man! Are you on drugs again??