What the fuck is wrong with Wisconsin?

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Bennett Cerf

What the fuck is wrong with Wisconsin?

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Luke?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: What the fuck is wrong with Wisconsin?

Postby lukpac » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:05 am

Where to begin...

What I find not so mildly ironic is the same folks that were critical of Obama's "elections have consequences" quip and rallied to GOP gains last November are now saying the same thing and are far more arrogant than Obama ever was. My hope is that the outrage (and there's a lot of it) lasts through any recalls and the 2012 elections. If the state lasts that long.

Thankfully I live in an area that can't get too much more blue, but that's little consolation when the electeds are essentially powerless. The Republicans don't even *pretend* to care about debate or compromise - they won, you lost, shove it. Their recent behavior in the Assembly and Senate have been disgraceful.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 pm

This hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I can tell, but...

Recall target, Sen. Randy Hopper (R-Fond du Lac), talks a good game about family values.

But protesters outside the Hopper house this week in Fond du Lac were met by his wife who reportedly came out and told them: Hopper no longer lives there, but with his 25-year-old mistress in Madison.

http://malcontends.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... l?spref=tw
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:32 pm

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Ooh, I can't wait for more severely out of date punditry from the duck.

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

bump

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed May 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Well, lots of empty fields stand with Scott Walker. Beyond that...lots of spin about all of the money saved and how the budget is now balanced. Except it isn't. I honestly haven't looked into it, but a few people have indicated that there's currently a *larger* debt than there was a few years ago.

Lance Hall

Postby Lance Hall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Is it the position of the recall supporters that in effect government workers should be able to determine their own benefits irregardless of the wishes People who are the ones that actually pay for their benefits?

Do you believe that they should be the ones driving the train completely as far as benefits, pay, and accountability?

Why are the wishes of those particular special interest groups (because that's what they are) placed above the taxpayer's wishes? Please justify.

I personally don't think ANY group (especially those allied with the government) should be able to drive the train as far as who gets what from the People. The People set the spending priorities, not the special interests (whoever they are).

This concept that government entities can not (and should not) be accountable to the People is foreign to what this country is supposed to be about. If their is no ability for the People to say "hold on" to whatever through their elected officials then where does it stop? In case you didn't notice the People threw the last Congress out on it's ass because they were enraged at what they did. How the Hell can anyone in their right mind be adverse to this basic American concept?

The Left has created this massive corrupt cabal of city and state workers that are draining states and municipalities DRY with over-generous pensions, benefits, and systemic fraud. This is not even the Federal fraud that dwarfs anything Wall Street does. But I guess since your cousin or aunt is part of that special interest that makes it all OK and cool.

Can anyone explain who has benefitted from the 5 trillion in NEW defecit spending the past 3 years? We know it went somewhere and to someone but certainly not to the poor, and certainly not to strengthen Social Security or Medicare.

Lance Hall

Postby Lance Hall » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 pm

lukpac wrote:Where to begin...

What I find not so mildly ironic is the same folks that were critical of Obama's "elections have consequences" quip and rallied to GOP gains last November are now saying the same thing and are far more arrogant than Obama ever was. My hope is that the outrage (and there's a lot of it) lasts through any recalls and the 2012 elections. If the state lasts that long.

Thankfully I live in an area that can't get too much more blue, but that's little consolation when the electeds are essentially powerless. The Republicans don't even *pretend* to care about debate or compromise - they won, you lost, shove it. Their recent behavior in the Assembly and Senate have been disgraceful.

I can't justify the over-zealous actions of a certain legislature but I can tell you many on the Right want debates and are chomping at the bit to take on Obama and his surrogates and expose their mountain of BS and their record. The only problem is the likely Rep nominee won't have the guts to say what needs to be said. Someone like Mark Levin would absolutely eviscerate Obama in a debate. We know Obama has trouble speaking without his telepromptor telling him what to say. Just the other week he had a speech were he mentioned his "two sons" TWICE. Oops! All he is able to stand on intellectually is ridiculous 19th century Marxist ideology which is why literally every solution to anything revolves around the rich (actually everyone) paying more when the rich are irrelevant to the real systematic problems of this country.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Lance Hall wrote:Is it the position of the recall supporters that in effect government workers should be able to determine their own benefits irregardless of the wishes People who are the ones that actually pay for their benefits?

No, nor has that been the case in the past.

Lance Hall wrote:The Left has created this massive corrupt cabal of city and state workers that are draining states and municipalities DRY with over-generous pensions, benefits, and systemic fraud.

http://www.pewstates.org/uploadedFiles/ ... Reform.pdf

Some states are doing a far better job than others of managing this bill coming due. States such as Florida, Idaho, New York, North Carolina and Wisconsin all entered the current recession with fully funded pensions.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Lance Hall wrote:We know Obama has trouble speaking without his telepromptor telling him what to say. Just the other week he had a speech were he mentioned his "two sons" TWICE. Oops!

Also: he is a radical Christian Muslim who was born in Kenya.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Can anyone explain who has benefitted from the 5 trillion in NEW defecit spending the past 3 years?

RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:32 pm

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 am

I guess constituent service requests aren't important enough to pay attention to?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... f887a.html

WASHINGTON — Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan on Thursday reversed course and acknowledged lobbying the government for millions of dollars in economic stimulus money after twice denying he had done so.

The Wisconsin congressman said he had forgotten that his office sent letters — with his signature — to the Energy and Labor departments asking for money from the stimulus program on behalf of two companies in his home state.

"They should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that," Ryan said in a written statement released only after he again denied requesting stimulus funds Thursday in an Ohio television interview.

Ryan's denial in an interview with Cincinnati's WCPO-TV contradicted letters he wrote in 2009 to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies. One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., later received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records.

"After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled," Ryan said in a statement late Thursday. "This is why I didn't recall the letters earlier."

The congressman's denial came as new audio surfaced of Ryan telling Boston's WBZ Radio two years ago that he "did not ask for stimulus money" in response to a caller's question about the recovery program. "I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money," Ryan said. The exchange was first reported Thursday by The Boston Globe.

But a year earlier in his request to Chu for funds for the Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp. Ryan said the stimulus cash would help his state create thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

The apparent contradiction underscores Ryan's conflicts with his larger federal budget proposal as the House Budget Committee chairman. That plan would slash Energy Department programs aimed at creating green jobs and calls for "getting Washington out of the business of picking winners and losers in the economy — and that includes our energy sector."

Ryan's actions in Congress have been drawing fresh scrutiny since he was named last weekend as Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's running mate.

The vice presidential contender is not alone among Republicans who criticized the stimulus plan only to seek money later. Georgia's Republican senators, Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson, for example, blasted the bill as a bloated government giveaway yet asked then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates to steer $50 million in stimulus money to a constituent's bio-energy project.

Ryan's views are also consistent with Romney's long-held position that the stimulus was a flawed idea that did not create private sector jobs.

"That stimulus didn't work," Romney said at an Ohio speech in June. "That stimulus didn't put more private-sector people to work."

Yet in Ryan's letter to the Labor Department in October 2009, he backed the Energy Center of Wisconsin's grant application for stimulus money "to develop an industry-driven training and placement agenda that intends to place 1,000 workers in green jobs." The company did not win the Labor Department grant, federal records show.

Despite the letter, Ryan echoed Romney's position on Thursday.

"Regardless, it's clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the president is asking to do it all over again," he said.