Just posted over at the Record Room:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hw3kzg

Is this new? A fake? What's up?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:15 am

Interesting. Too bad the quality is so bad. It does *seem* to be a real disc dub, rather than faked.

What is this purported to be?

This would seem to explain how/why the mix on the box set is different. It uses the riff from the first bar, rather than the riff from the third bar on the original.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:36 pm

It was posted largely without context at the Record Room, so it's unclear what it's "supposed" to be. At the very least, the guitar solo edit really sucks, and makes me doubt at least a portion of its authenticity.

The mix itself is pretty great, though.
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:38 pm

It doesn't sound like an "edit" to me as much as some type of skip or other hiccup.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: "The Seeker" acetate

Postby lukpac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Sooooo...funnily enough, I was actually sent this back in July of '04, albeit from a different source. It's a bit more shrill sounding, is faster, and doesn't have the skip in the middle.