Buffalo Springfield Again - mono mix - on a KDX server(?)

Just what the name says.
MK

Buffalo Springfield Again - mono mix - on a KDX server(?)

Postby MK » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Anyone know what a KDX server is and how to access it?

This guy ripped the mono mix of Buffalo Springfield Again and put it up there:

http://freqazoidiac.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... promo.html

To recap, the mono mix for this has never been issued. It's THE mix, the one the engineers really worked on. It's very different from the stereo mix, unlike the self-titled debut which had a mono mix that was very similar to the stereo mix.

This isn't the best quality - the guy says it had to be cleaned up, plus they're mp3's - but I've never heard this mix and want to hear it. Anyone know how to grab it? If I can do it without installing anything, I'll up it on sendspace or something.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Buffalo Springfield Again - mono mix - on a KDX server(?

Postby lukpac » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 pm

MK wrote:To recap, the mono mix for this has never been issued. It's THE mix, the one the engineers really worked on. It's very different from the stereo mix, unlike the self-titled debut which had a mono mix that was very similar to the stereo mix.

How do you know it's so different if you've never heard it?

Some things are interesting - Mr. Soul is slightly different (again!) and Hung Upside Down doesn't seem quite as wonky as the stereo mix, but I don't think I'd call it a revelation.

I've had a copy for a while (from Patrick), although it could use some de-clicking.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

the 801

Postby the 801 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:49 pm

There are hotlinks on the right hand side of his page that will clue you in, including this: http://ca.geocities.com/freqazoidiac/freqBlog/KDXHotLineHowto.html

MK

Postby MK » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Awesome, those links were kind of tiny (at least on my browser) so I didn't see them.

No, I didn't hear them, but trawling through the web, the unanimous opinion seems to be they are different, so I figured it was a safe bet that they were.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto