This USA scandal

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Xenu
Sellout

This USA scandal

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Has laid some pretty amazing eggs.

The very idea of a president saying through his surrogates "Yeah, uh, so you want people to testify publically under-oath...well, uh, will testifying in private, NOT under oath, with no record be OK?" is just utterly bizarre. Way to show you have nothing to hide, guys.

I can't wait for the justification to begin. Something tells me that CLINTON DID IT TOO.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:48 pm

The ubiquitous "Clinton Did It Too" defense is fascinating. Let's set aside that it almost always involves drawing a completely disingenuous parallel. Who knew that the Bushbots had such high regard for the Clinton standard?

Tony Snow said it best (in 1998): "Most of us want no part of a president who is cynical enough to use the majesty of his office to evade the one thing he is sworn to uphold: the rule of law.''

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:44 pm

We get constant calls about how it shouldn't be a big deal because, uh, Clinton did it too. It takes every fibre in my being to not argue with the people in question.
-------------

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:09 am

I like this comment:

"Since Snow was writing about Clinton in 98, then it must be Clinton's fault. Since it was a newspaper article, it's the liberal media's fault. Since Snow's flip-flop is being "missinterprited," it's the liberal's fault. Since The Swamp used its heading, it's The Tribune's fault. Since the old article was dug-up, it was a Democratic conspiracy."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 am

Oh dear. This is better. Clinton was too busy getting sucked off to catch the tera-ists.

"Eric, shame on you! Non-crimianl lawsuit? Pleae do me a favor and take the blinders off!!!Aren't you forgetting a few things?
LOL, you are all so alike! Talk about hypocrisy! Clinton was/is still a criminal and you (along with the rest of the left wingers) would love to downplay that, better yet, make it go away completely.
While Clinton and Ms. Lewinsky were playing "I'll show you mine if you show me you yours" in the oval office, Obama and Hussein were busy playing their own little games. If Bubba hadn't been so hell bent on using his own "executive power"-ie. mainly keeping Hillary from finding out, oh yeah, lets not forget the American people, he might have actually been able to stop Obama in his tracks. It's one thing to use executive privilege when it comes to national security and other matters of state, but attempting to keep the American people from finding out whre he really likes to keep his cigars is another. Bubba was impeached because he took the meaning of "Executive Privilege" to a whole new level. Wondering how many criminals, murderers and drug dealers Bush will pardon at the end of his term? Unfortunately for many of the Dems and far left wingers, Bubba's impeachment will never be pardoned...or forgotten. History books don't lie."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am

Bush really needs to get a blowjob from an intern. It'll relieve some of his tension, and no one will object because Clinton Did It Too.

seth

Postby seth » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:05 pm

He already has Gonzalez for that.

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:35 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070324/ap_ ... rosecutors

We didn't not know it, but still...

As Josh Marshall points out, it's interesting that this revelation comes from correspondence written during the "gap" period.
-------------

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 pm

lukpac wrote:Oh dear. This is better. Clinton was too busy getting sucked off to catch the tera-ists.

"Eric, shame on you! Non-crimianl lawsuit? Pleae do me a favor and take the blinders off!!!Aren't you forgetting a few things?
LOL, you are all so alike! Talk about hypocrisy! Clinton was/is still a criminal and you (along with the rest of the left wingers) would love to downplay that, better yet, make it go away completely.
While Clinton and Ms. Lewinsky were playing "I'll show you mine if you show me you yours" in the oval office, Obama and Hussein were busy playing their own little games. If Bubba hadn't been so hell bent on using his own "executive power"-ie. mainly keeping Hillary from finding out, oh yeah, lets not forget the American people, he might have actually been able to stop Obama in his tracks. It's one thing to use executive privilege when it comes to national security and other matters of state, but attempting to keep the American people from finding out whre he really likes to keep his cigars is another. Bubba was impeached because he took the meaning of "Executive Privilege" to a whole new level. Wondering how many criminals, murderers and drug dealers Bush will pardon at the end of his term? Unfortunately for many of the Dems and far left wingers, Bubba's impeachment will never be pardoned...or forgotten. History books don't lie."

So is substituting "Obama" for "Osama" standard procedure for the loony right now?

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney