What the fuck happened to Stereo Central?

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:28 pm

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:Didn't the Snakepit lead to any reference or link to your forum being banned at SHtv? I seem to remember that any post at SHtv that dared to mention lukpac.org was immediately deleted.

As for "lawsuits," how does that even apply to the topic at hand? But let me get this straight. You're saying that you would back down if Hoffman tilted at that particular windmill and threatened you? If you're really that intimidated about the possible threat of a lawsuit due to your exercising of your free speech rights, I'm quite frankly astounded.

I have no problem believing that Luke simply got tired/bored of overseeing the Snakepit. Didn't you get tired of overseeing Stereocentral?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:03 am

I wouldn't say I got tired/bored of overseeing. It was never any actual work to be an administrator. As you well know, SC never censored or deleted posts or b****d anyone. If one's inclined to be concerned with things like that, à la SHtv, then I suppose administrating has its demands. Otherwise, no, what is there to do?

I don't care that Luke closed the Snakepit. It served its purpose, and if it stood in the way of his wanting to return to SHtv, that's his business, not mine.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm just crushed that I never got to fully use my administrative powers when I add them. :cry:
Craig

the 801

Postby the 801 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Beatlesfan03 wrote:I'm just crushed that I never got to fully use my administrative powers when I add them. :cry:

Dunno what the fuss is about -- it's still there. Maybe not the way we left it, but it's still there...

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Beatlesfan03 wrote:I'm just crushed that I never got to fully use my administrative powers when I add them. :cry:

So why didn't you?

I'm not being hostile. I just wonder why no one bothered to post for the past month.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:22 pm

To be fair, I think Craig was in the middle of a cross-country move.

I don't know what the fuck Mike LaFontaine's excuse is, though. And PaPa Kalowski is lucky he's on the other side of the Atlantic, 'cause I'd like to strangle that fucker for deleting so many posts. (He deleted all but a small handful of Jared Lekites' posts, for starters.)

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Jeff wrote:To be fair, I think Craig was in the middle of a cross-country move.

That is correct. Relocated to Jacksonville, FL on 5/17/06 and have spent the last 45 days trying to get everything back in order with the wife and three kids (filing this move under the NEVER AGAIN folder). Everything that could go wrong has (including my first paycheck lost and a blown transmission in the middle of I-295) so I haven't really been in the mood lately (though I'm sure a poater's tourney would turn that frown upside down).

My boss gave me the OK to use the internet on my work laptop since my other PC was still at home but the first time I tried, I found out a "restriction" had been placed on my PC and all I could view was the company's website. I had that fixed by the time I visited our California office last week but had a hard time accessing the site because of the stupid javascript that runs on the site that highlights keywords for those shitty ads. Even with my new cable connection here at home, SC takes forever to load.

To my credit, I did waste bandwidth there with a lovely Phil Collins montage. :twisted:
Craig

Rob P

Postby Rob P » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:44 pm

Craig, your Phil Collins montage made my day.

You'll see no excuses from me for my lack of participation. I was immersed in what seemed like fifty other events in my life. I lurked, because that's what I had the time for. Perhaps the fact that I was feeling creatively spent and, at the same time, confused about the state of SC factored in my lack of participation, but the "death" failed to register with me until a week or two ago, when the cPanel page showed we hit the bottom of the trench.

I think SC is still vital and viable, but for it to work we need more active participants and we need more posts.

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:03 am

Maybe we need a fundraiser like PBS to jump start things. :twisted:
Craig

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:30 pm

I can't think of anyone other than perhaps Mike LaFontaine, who *hasn't* claimed to be confused about what the fuck happened at SC. And COLA still doesn't seem to want to explain in any depth. He wasn't tired of *overseeing*, apparently, so we can strike that one.

When Luke closed down the Snakepit, or took any other moderational action for that matter here, he 'splained it to his erstwhile comrades. It kind of encourages people to keep posting, when they're kept in the loop. SC on the other hand just kind of went tits up one day, for no apparent reason...and now apparently Kalowski deleted a couple hundred posts?

Wtf?

:roll:
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

My Avatar Is A Hot Babe

Re: What the fuck happened to Stereo Central?

Postby My Avatar Is A Hot Babe » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm

WTF?
Every month is "Teabag a Gort" month!

Jeff T.

Postby Jeff T. » Fri May 04, 2012 2:08 pm

I drop in there once every three months or so just to see what's being talked over. Now I see that they are offline. Does this mean it is the end of SC as it was known? Not that it is the end of the Wiki page updating/editing, as you know these types of people that feel that they are on a mission never ever go away.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

Nah, the database just crashed again. Someone will fix it eventually. Or not.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney