Digital recording query

From Edison cylinders to pre-amps to ProTools: talk about it here.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Because it's analog! Analog is continuous!!!! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! RESOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:11 pm

Oh, right. I'll drink some more Kool-Aid -- that should clear it right up.

(I didn't get a chance to break for lunch today, so I had a piece of chocolate and peanut butter cake from the break room. I feel like I've been chugging Kool-Aid...)

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:16 pm

You mean Flavor Aid.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:30 pm

How many times do we have to explain this to you people? All analog formats have infinite resolution. This has been proven. Eight-track cartridges and answering-machine microcassettes can attack decay better than a fucking electric toothbrush.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:33 pm

lukpac wrote:You mean Flavor Aid.

Oops! Sorry, Kraft!

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:56 pm

Doop doo do do do.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911