The new ELO remasters / assholes on SHTV

Just what the name says.
krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:36 pm

who's_next wrote: But then, do many of these engineers really make excuses for their limited knowledge in audio/digital theory?.

On the pro sound forums I visit, whenever techno-nincompoops butt up against sound engineers who actually understand digital technology, the former *invariably* end up using an excuse like, 'Well, I may not understand all this digital stuff as well as you do , but I know what my EARS tell me, man'.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:40 pm

so, it sounds like the two samples should *not* null out. Has anyone gotten around to doing one?

JWB

Postby JWB » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:01 pm

I made a post towards Al along the lines of "that's unacceptable". Of course it was deleted.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:53 pm

Just don't go back. Seriously. You knew it was about time.

On the pro sound forums I visit, whenever techno-nincompoops butt up against sound engineers who actually understand digital technology, the former *invariably* end up using an excuse like, 'Well, I may not understand all this digital stuff as well as you do , but I know what my EARS tell me, man'.

Well, yes.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:30 am

So Joe Palmaccio prefers to master from a noise-reduced badly eq'd CD instead of a "noisy" copy tape. I wonder if this was the first instance, and I am sure it won't be the last.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:08 am

Xenu wrote:Just don't go back. Seriously. You knew it was about time.

Well, yes.

The point being, that both the nincompoops and the technophiles on those forums are 'professional studio engineers'. There's plenty of 'pros' out there who are really, really clueless about digital, and even a bit *proud* of it.

22d row

Postby 22d row » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:53 am

JWB wrote:I made a post towards Al along the lines of "that's unacceptable". Of course it was deleted.

The Abbey Road librarian wasn't doing his/her job if they denied him the tapes saying lamely that the Mewtilated CD was the best reference, and Al didn't do his job by not pushing harder to get the tapes (he said he didn't push because he couldn't think of a way of re-asking without being rude). Perhaps it should be a requirement that all engineers who have to request tapes be given a class in Assertiveness Training.

22d row

Postby 22d row » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 pm

JWB, I see they just pulled two new posts of yours from the thread in the past five minutes. For what it's worth I don't think your posts tonight were inappropriate in any way.

MK

Postby MK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 pm

Possibly the ONLY forum I know of that censors shit like that.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

22d row

Postby 22d row » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:38 pm

They just put JWB's posts back up. Weird!

JWB

Postby JWB » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:32 pm

I think they're doing technical work on the forums and things keep vanishing and re-appearing and shit. Either that or the gorts are arguing about my posts. Remember - I was talking to a gort who agreed with me when I was thrown out, and it was STEVE who invited me back and I had a pleasant conversation with him about the ELO discs and some other stuff. :)

Alexander Keith

Postby Alexander Keith » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:52 pm

JWB wrote:I think they're doing technical work on the forums and things keep vanishing and re-appearing and shit. Either that or the gorts are arguing about my posts.

I would bet on the latter.

That thread has certainly got everybody interested (check the number of hits) :D.

Hopefully this will not be necessary when the next batch comes out (fingers crossed).