Quality of fan made Star Wars DVD's?

DVD/TV/movies/etc
MK

Quality of fan made Star Wars DVD's?

Postby MK » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:12 pm

I read some news blurbs (you know, junk news papers write ahead of time and use to fill the slow days) about fans who have tried reconstructing the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Basically, they're Frankenstein efforts that combine the special edition DVD's with various LD editions in attempt to splice out the 'new and improved' shit with the original, vintage stuff.

Has anyone seen these? How do they look? I'm intrigued by the concept, but won't blown-up images from LD sources look shitty compared to true anamorphic transfers from the current DVD's?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Haven't seen 'em, but I'd think the transitions would be jarring. I'd rather watch them in consistent (LD) quality (even on DVD) than splice stuff together.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:09 pm

http://www.galactictradefederation.com/

That could be more helpful, but it's good for what it is. It gives *some* order to the 30,000 different versions on Myspleen.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911