DCC CDR's - ATMP, Imagine, Wild Life,Pillow, Morrison Hotel

Just what the name says.
Chris M

Postby Chris M » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 am

Xenu wrote:Luke heard a few, albeit over the phone, I think. I have no idea how Fang is so amazing at convincing the normally reticent (Talmy, Entwistle) to part with their masterial...

Yeah, that is strange. He always comes across as an belligerent, unsociable git on Odds and Sods.

After reading Fang's description of what's on the tapes I wonder why they put the vocals only Anytime You Want Me on the Deluxe Edition and not the alternate takes of Out in the Street?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:39 am

Yes...when Talmy was "shopping" the tapes, somehow Fang got him to send (mono) copies in an effort to head things up. I still don't know exactly what his role in things was, but note he (Fang) does get a "thanks" or something in the liners.

At this point I'm not sure how interesting those tapes would be, especially since they are mono. It didn't seem like there was a ton of stuff not released. A good version of Circles with the french horn might be an exception. Oh, and it was during that phone call that Fang didn't realize there was missing guitar on My Generation.

I'd be a lot more interested in the complete/unedited/pre-mastered Young Vic show, for example.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:41 am

Chris M wrote:Yeah, that is strange. He always comes across as an belligerent, unsociable git on Odds and Sods.

See if you can find archives from about 10 years ago (pre-O&S). Wasn't always the case.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:13 pm

Really?

I remember I came on the list right when the whole "Picard" thing was going strong, and managed to see (as my first exchange) a Whitefang vs. someone-who-had-DARED-DEFY-HIM flamewar. Buh?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:17 pm

Really.

Although it looks like igct.com switched to a different system last year. Don't know what happened to all of the old archives.

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Personally, I enjoyed his flamewar with John Kendall on the newsgroup.

Fang has certainly thrown out some doosies in his day. Many moons ago, he stated that the "reason" the UK Quad CD remaster sounded better than the US was because one was digitally remastered, and one was not!

Which is why any single person's opinion of "what sounds best" should always be taken with a grain of salt. He certainly does have a flock who seem to hang on his every word.

My Avatar Is A Hot Babe

Postby My Avatar Is A Hot Babe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:34 pm

STEVE has clearly done the right thing by pulling the plug on the auction after I wired him the $12,000. He has promised to send my Cee Dee's within the next month or so, or maybe early next year if he doesn't get around to it until then. I am PUMPED!

Sorry, but I won't be able to make any Cee Dee Are copies. That would be unethical.
Every month is "Teabag a Gort" month!

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:25 am

My Avatar Is A Hot Babe wrote:STEVE has clearly done the right thing by pulling the plug on the auction after I wired him the $12,000. He has promised to send my Cee Dee's within the next month or so, or maybe early next year if he doesn't get around to it until then. I am PUMPED!

Sorry, but I won't be able to make any Cee Dee Are copies. That would be unethical.

Thank you, anonymous benefactor! Now I can attain my dream of attaining 29,000 posts at SHtv. This is a generous sacrifice you have made for the benefit of pasty-faced BEATLES and TAPE HISS fans the world over.

I can only but imagine how many sexy avatars you could have bought for yourself with that 12 grand. But instead you gave selflessly and heroically. You rock harder than the two dead guys from Chicago and the three dead Badfingerbangers put together! Your sexy babe avatar rocks! Giving mastering engineers twelve grand rocks! YOU rock! And I'm glad you don't EROC!
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:58 pm

CitizenDan wrote:Huh. An "anonymous benefactor" is covering the cost of maintaining SH.tv for a year, no strings attached. That's a $6,000 gift, if Steve's statement of upkeep costs is accurate.

Damn, hosting sure has gone up! It seems like only yesterday when the forum cost $3k/year...
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:07 pm

Patrick M wrote:
CitizenDan wrote:Huh. An "anonymous benefactor" is covering the cost of maintaining SH.tv for a year, no strings attached. That's a $6,000 gift, if Steve's statement of upkeep costs is accurate.

Damn, hosting sure has gone up! It seems like only yesterday when the forum cost $3k/year...

I guess it fluctuates like the price of oil.
Craig

TSmithPage

Postby TSmithPage » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Thanks for this thread. I had offered $75 a disc to "test the waters" on these, never heard a response and then noticed the thread had vanished. I figured someone had decided it wasn't legal to sell these but was glad to see the confirmation of what happened with the thread here...

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:51 pm

D'oh.

I still want that "All Things Must Pass."
-------------

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 am

And the fundraising begins anew...

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... hp?t=64742

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

22d row

Postby 22d row » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:01 pm

Now that a little time has passed, has anyone heard of any CDrs of these discs circulating? I'd love to hear them

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:14 pm

Nothing that I've heard of.
-------------