Want to make your son straight? Whip it out!

Let's talk about various types of religion.
Rspaight

Want to make your son straight? Whip it out!

Postby Rspaight » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:31 am

Here's some advice Dr. James Dobson endorses for making sure your "little guy" doesn't turn out fruity:

Meanwhile, the boy's father has to do his part. He needs to mirror and affirm his son's maleness. He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard. He can even take his son with him into the shower, where the boy cannot help but notice that Dad has a penis, just like his, only bigger.

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021043.cfm

Wow. Just... wow. "Look at this cock, son. See how it's huge, and thick, and meaty? Take a good... long... look. Doesn't that make you want to fuck girls? Good. Now let's dry off and we'll go pound some more pegs into holes."

Shudder.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:01 am

If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a joke...

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:14 pm

I think we just discovered the root cause of prix' "show me your cock" obsession. :shock:

Dob

Re: Want to make your son straight? Whip it out!

Postby Dob » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:15 pm

He can play rough-and-tumble games with his son, in ways that are decidedly different from the games he would play with a little girl. He can help his son learn to throw and catch a ball. He can teach him to pound a square wooden peg into a square hole in a pegboard.

And if my son isn't interested in "rough and tumble games"?
...let me urge you to seek professional help for those who appear to be in difficulty.

"Hey doc, I hope you can help us. My little boy throws like a little girl. And he likes to play with his sisters."

I'm thinking that the "professional help" Dr. Dobson has in mind involves coercing the boy (with gradually increasing intensity) into enjoying the proper "male" activities. Even though this approach (in addition to surgery and hormones) failed miserably with David Reimer, Dr. Dobson apparently feels that it is appropriate treatment for a "disorder."
Dob
-------------------
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance" -- HL Mencken

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Want to make your son straight? Whip it out!

Postby lukpac » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:43 am

Dob wrote:And if my son isn't interested in "rough and tumble games"?

He's gay. And that's Bad.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD