New Sundazed Byrds LP Another Dimension

Just what the name says.
Chris M

New Sundazed Byrds LP Another Dimension

Postby Chris M » Tue May 03, 2005 1:21 am

http://www.sundazed.com/store/index_recent.html

Anyone have this yet? Anyone have a detailed tracklist? The Sundazed site just mentions that is contains "alternate instrumental takes and extended experimental workouts." I know it contains the Eight Miles backing track and John Riley w/o the strings. It really drives me nuts that all of these Byrds Sundazed releases are LP only :evil: Anyone have a needle drop?

What Byrds tracks/mixes are exclusive to Sundazed? I know there is the Time Between backing track and the Have You Seen Her Face "acoustic vocal mix" - any others?

Chris

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue May 03, 2005 4:02 am

I can't answer your questions, but it pisses me off, too. Ahh! Singles collection! Why do you forsake me?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Wed May 04, 2005 1:30 am

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showp ... ostcount=9

The liner notes with track details are at above link. This sounds damn interesting. If I only had a effing turntable :roll:
"I've had 40 years experience with hearing tape and vinyl. I was recording tapes before you were born" - Grant

JWB

Postby JWB » Wed May 04, 2005 1:32 am

If you want a needle drop, buy it and send it to me and I'll needle drop it for you.

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Wed May 04, 2005 1:15 pm

JWB wrote:If you want a needle drop, buy it and send it to me and I'll needle drop it for you.

I think I'll take you up on that. Thanks!

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed May 04, 2005 6:20 pm

"Alternate instrumental takes"? Sundazed has always been pretty good about not over-hyping their product, but I think maybe they crossed the line here. Looks like mostly backing tracks, which for me are a fun listen once or twice--after that they pretty much remain on the shelf unplayed. But having said that, I'd like to hear "Eight Miles High."

Now should Sundazed release the mono mixes of the first five LPs, they'd actually have something to hype.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Chris M

Postby Chris M » Wed May 04, 2005 6:47 pm

According to the liner notes posted at SH.tv (see link a few posts up) most/all of the tracks on Side 3 and 4 have vocals. I haven't heard this yet but it appears that John Riley and Wild Mountain Thyme are the tracks without strings (but with vocals), What's Happening is a "completed master, long version, partial alt vocal" and I See You is listed as "completed early master, without overdubs, longer version."

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed May 04, 2005 7:32 pm

Can someone here bribe Bob Irwin to "accidentally" leak tapes of these?
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911