Rancid Snakepit

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Rancid Snakepit

Postby lukpac » Sun May 01, 2005 3:48 pm

For those of you who are registered members, the Snakepit is currently on vacation. It needed some time away.

As such, if you're not sure if should should post something in another forum here or not, don't.
Last edited by lukpac on Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun May 01, 2005 5:59 pm

I hope it went someplace nice.

I need a vacation, too.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

luvmusic

Postby luvmusic » Sun May 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Well done! It served a purpose for many people here but had no real value. I suggest you permanently erase it. It's not as though there is quality material there that should serve as an archive.

Luke, you should now hope that the bottom-feeder quality of content in the Snakepit does not migrate to other forums that are intended for intelligent posting. By closing the Snakepit, you have taken a huge step towards making this site one worth actually visiting, such as -- dare I say -- sh.tv!

Congratulations!

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun May 01, 2005 8:29 pm

Please keep in mind my decision on this matter is just that - my decision. I'll see where things go. I make no promises to either "side" on what will happen in the future.

Or to put things another way, while some of you may find this agreeable, I did this for me, not you. It has nothing to do with "making friends" at SH.tv, and everything to do with me simply being sick of it all.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Gee Oh Are Tea

Postby Gee Oh Are Tea » Sun May 01, 2005 9:00 pm

luvmusic wrote:Well done! It served a purpose for many people here but had no real value. I suggest you permanently erase it. It's not as though there is quality material there that should serve as an archive.

Luke, you should now hope that the bottom-feeder quality of content in the Snakepit does not migrate to other forums that are intended for intelligent posting. By closing the Snakepit, you have taken a huge step towards making this site one worth actually visiting, such as -- dare I say -- sh.tv!

Congratulations!

Luvmusic, don't be so smug. I commend Luke for doing what he had to do. If it doesn't reappear, then so be it. There are enough SH.tv mockers (and surely many more to come) to generate a web-site of its own (rather than being a tentacle of Luke's legitimate site). We'll let you know where, and you can troll there too!!

But even though Luke has closed it down, that wasn't enough for ya, was it? "Permanently erase the material - no need to archive!!". History can only be erased over at SH.tv, where if a post is not right-wing or a suck-up ode to Mr Hoffman, it is evaporated quicker than you can say "B-list mastering engineer". While Luke gets a well-deserved (permanent?) break from the Snakepit, I believe his principles will not satisfy your wish. It is the decision not to have SH.tv-like censorship that gave birth to the Snakepit in the first place, and that's why the posts should remain archived (IMHO), even if the Snakepit is sealed shut.

So, Luvmusic, maybe we'll see you in the other forums here (we certainly need more of your SH.tv right-wing buddies in the Politics section). As per the conduct of FLO, there will be no Snakepit-like venom in those forums - however, don't expect any friendly banter in your direction either. No one likes single-minded trolls.

Cliff

prix

Postby prix » Mon May 02, 2005 5:23 am

Gee Oh Are Tea wrote: There are enough SH.tv mockers (and surely many more to come) to generate a web-site of its own (rather than being a tentacle of Luke's legitimate site). f

Mockers? Don't you mean stalkers? Cliff, you and your tribe are pathetic. Now you've even succeeded in making Luke sick of you and your cronies' ritual stupidity. I completely agree with luvmusic and I think Luke has just taken a major step forward in giving others a chance to take his site and what he has to offer seriously....rather than just providing a safe-house for shit like you.

Luke, I personally don't care whether you erase the content on the "snakepit" or not.....but I do think the wives, family, and empolyers of the likes of Cliff and his gang owe you a big "THANK YOU". These guys are going to have so much free time on their hands now, nobody's going to be able to figure out what's wrong! :lol:

Mike LaFontaine

Postby Mike LaFontaine » Mon May 02, 2005 7:06 am

Fact: Doing anything that prix suggests is absolutely idiotic.
Taking advice from a meth addict gets anyone what they deserve.
Way to go Luke, you caved in to prix.
Do whatever you want with your site. I'm sure catering to prix and leppo will hurt you 10 times more than help.
The lowest troll on the www closed your most popular site. Pretty sad.
I'm sure I'm going to post on your other threads now that we've been told that prix/audio/leppo is the moderator. As long as prix is happy and we can buy from him and be more like him.
Luke, you just got duped. big time. I hope they gave you a boatload of Abba/ELO cds, because they are laughing now.
Wha Happened?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon May 02, 2005 8:01 am

What don't you people understand?

lukpac wrote:Please keep in mind my decision on this matter is just that - my decision. I'll see where things go. I make no promises to either "side" on what will happen in the future.

Or to put things another way, while some of you may find this agreeable, I did this for me, not you. It has nothing to do with "making friends" at SH.tv, and everything to do with me simply being sick of it all.

Any posts/threads that serve no purpose other than mocking SH.tv will promptly be deleted. If you don't like that, go somewhere else.

Mike LaFontaine

Postby Mike LaFontaine » Mon May 02, 2005 8:39 am

Luke -
Why was my post to find another place to gather deleted?
We can't even discuss that?
If you are doing this for you, why can't we discuss an alternative?
Wha Happened?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 am

Mike LaFontaine wrote:If you are doing this for you, why can't we discuss an alternative?

The only "alternative" for SH.tv bashing for now is to go somewhere else.

Notice I say "for now". If you really want the Snakepit back (I don't see why it would matter so much), you're not helping your cause.

Mike LaFontaine

Postby Mike LaFontaine » Mon May 02, 2005 8:45 am

As you know, to go someplace else was my deleted suggestion.
My question is why was that deleted?
Wha Happened?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon May 02, 2005 8:56 am

When I read it I thought it was saying to post in another forum here. If that wasn't the case, sorry.

All: If you want to organize somewhere else to go, please keep it in the scope of this thread.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Mon May 02, 2005 10:34 am

<shrug> It's Luke's forum, he can do what he likes. Since I found this place agreeable even before there was a Snakepit, it should remain so now. AFAIC SHtv's a legitimately ripe target for parody , so if a new site for that arises, I'll probably be there too.

Luke, what's the site setting you back? I'm thinking we regulars should at least start pitching in occasionally if we want to keep it going...since some of us post more than you do

:lol:
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon May 02, 2005 10:45 am

krabapple wrote:Luke, what's the site setting you back? I'm thinking we regulars should at least start pitching in occasionally if we want to keep it going...since some of us post more than you do

From a monthly standpoint, nothing. It's running on a DSL line that would be there anyway. As much as I'd like something a bit more dedicated, I can't justify the expense.

Of course, I had to buy all the hardware for the server. I'm not about to claim that was tons of money, but...

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Mon May 02, 2005 10:55 am

Well, I won't be offended if you ask for donations.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant