Things that are annoying

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Patrick M

Things that are annoying

Postby Patrick M » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:21 pm

That Dell commercial where everyone is speaking in business jargon. "TCO is down, ROI is up." That one really gets on my nerves.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:53 pm

Erm.... interesting new avatar, Patrick. Another Centre student?

(Natalie wants to know if that's truly your inner self yearning to get out.)

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:07 pm

You don't recognize her? I put that up to delight and amuse Mr. DRM.

Care to share something that annoys you?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:24 pm

Looks kinda like Katie Holmes?

It annoys me when I goof off at work and do a bunch of Christmas shopping online and I set off some sort of fucking fraud alert so my credit card company panics and shuts my card off until I return the call they left on my home answering machine by which time half my orders have been cancelled due to CC authorization failures.

Yep, that sucks.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:49 pm

Yes, Katie Holmes. A very, very bad fake.

Another annoying thing: the barrage of Dr. Phil weight loss products. Take one look at that guy and tell me why you'd take weight loss advice from him.

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:43 am

I have no idea why people are so taken with Dr. Phil. Now it appears his son is an "expert" in weight loss as well (saw part of interview on Larry King).

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:27 pm

I am really annoyed when I try to click on the back button in IE, but it attempts to load ad.doubleclick.whatever, so I have to right click and then jump back two entries to get back where I was.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:59 pm

This annoys the hell out of me:

I have a problem with (eBay/Best Buy customer service/a printer/whatever). I then email a detailed description of the problem, whereupon the person on the other end reads the subject line and copies and pastes a form letter in response.

Yesterday I emailed eBay and told them the system wouldn't let me change my email address ('address already in use' error). Whereupon eBay emailed me and sent a form letter on how to log in to MyEbay and click on 'change email address.'

Does this happen to everyone?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:58 pm

Yes.

I always shout, "If [normal procedure recommended in cut-n-paste response] worked, I wouldn't be sending you e-mail!" at the screen, which doesn't really help anything, but I like to shout at the screen.

Ryan