Fun with eBay and Beanie Babies

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Rspaight

Fun with eBay and Beanie Babies

Postby Rspaight » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:04 pm

Apologies if this is well-worn Internet humor by now -- I just heard about it and nearly hurt myself laughing. Enjoy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3146042998

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:49 am

Koo koo ka choo indeed! This guy's pretty cool.

Now for some reason I've got "Your Mother Should Know" stuck in my head.
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice

TSmithPage

Postby TSmithPage » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:53 pm

Interesting listing. I suspect the guy really knows what he's doing, and is selling counterfeits. The whole thing about the ex-wife left a box (and never realized it?), and all he wants is tools from Home Depot does not ring true. The only tools he wants are the bidders willing to throw big bucks at him to get these. He's too cavalier about what he has, including the potentially valuable items, and is playing on the greed of the bidders by being a rum dum. Buyer beware on this one...

TSmithPage

Postby TSmithPage » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:53 pm

I see, the interesting rest of the story. The buyer, predictably, left negative feedback, after paying over $800 for these beanies, got 5 fakes in the bunch. She also contended that the seller did not even have an ex-wife. If the seller is to be believed, the buyer had actually been blocked from bidding and had used a second id to put in the winning bid. If true, it sounds like everyone got what they deserved. :twisted: Interestingly, the seller is now selling at buy it now prices certificates allowing bidders to buy him a beer, and selling a ton of 'em!

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:58 pm

Interestingly, the seller is now selling at buy it now prices certificates allowing bidders to buy him a beer, and selling a ton of 'em!

And racking up a pretty good seller rating in the process. :wink:
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:39 pm

I'd say the original listing was clear enough. The buyer sounds like she was looking for a fight. (Assuming the whole thing isn't a massive put-on of some sort.)

And anyway, I'd give anyone who bought a copy of Acitivsion Oink! for 25 cents the benefit of the doubt. I might even buy him a beer...

Ryan

PS - Here's his web site.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:52 pm

He's certainly a ballsy dude.