New Kid On The Block

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
digital

New Kid On The Block

Postby digital » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Hello all: I didn’t see an "introduce yourself" section, perhaps I overlooked it? At any rate, I figured this was the least offensive / generic place to post this:

My name is Andrew D., I'm a fellow forum Admin' over at www.cdnav.com

I stumbled upon this site the other day and laughed my ass off at some of the funny shit you folks have to say about Steve 'Huffman' Forums. I've been posting over there as well in the past year or so and found much of the shit they talk about to be completely and utterly over the top. Had a few run-ins with the Gorts as well...

It appears that many of the denizens of this forum have come over after being disillusioned with the nonsense on SHF. In my case, a few of us came over from another absurd forum in the same manner.

In our case it was a place called www.canuckaudiomart.com

The site has what must be one of North America's best buy and sell listings, but, unfortunately, it also has one of the continent’s most bullshit ridden forums to go along with it...

You thought Steve Hoffman’s site was bad? Check out Canuck Audio Mart's cesspool: folks there 'hear' a different 'sound' in every single cable ever produced. Each cable company, according them, has it's own 'house sound' and if you dare to suggest that they might want to blind audition their suppositions you are branded a heretic of the worst kind!

Heck, there are cats on the site who vehemently claim to hear the difference between identical new or used cables, fellows who will baffle you with stories of how different cutting boards, when placed under their power amplifiers - opened up soundstages like never before. You'll be schooled on the differenced in 'sound' between various strains of hardwood...

What a pile of shit! Unfortunately, as with the bullshit-ridden SHF, Canuck Audio Mart is run by a fellow who sell and are associated with folks who sell, high-priced ‘audiophile kit’. Thus, there are no limits to what may be said in favor of marketing scams, but if one dares to voice a contrary opinion: you are damned to hell and back.

Thus, we created a forum of our own, mostly to get a good laugh at the expense of CAM, but we shoot the shit about various and sundry as well. The site has what is, i suspect the most comprehensive listing of A/V forums on the Internet: 99 at last count, as well as a comprehensive listing of vinyl shops across Canada.

The main website (as opposed to the forums), is my favorite spot: loads of free music, A/V related talk and me running off at the keyboard 8)

Do you fellows know of any forums that have been created by folks to mock AudioCircle or any of the other complete bullshit ridden sites?

Andrew D.
Admin @ Cdnav.com
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary or ego depends on him not understanding it."

Leppo

Re: New Kid On The Block

Postby Leppo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:39 pm

digital wrote:I've been posting over there [SH.tv Forums] as well in the past year or so and found much of the shit they talk about to be completely and utterly over the top. Had a few run-ins with the Gorts as well...

Can you elaborate?

BTW, welcome.
"I dig snow and rain and the bright sunshine." - TJ

Jeff

Postby Jeff » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:23 pm

Digital, please fill out your equipment profile so we can all laugh at it. Also, please post a recent "mug shot" of yourself with your female S.O. so we know you're not queer.

If you want to read the deranged ramblings of those of us who can't hack it here at FLO anymore, please visit http://www.forumhosting.org/forum.php?m ... eocentral& (Nice snappy URL, eh?)

:D :D 8) :lol: :lol: :twisted: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :shock:

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :lol: :| :| :shock: :o :shock: :o

digital

Wire

Postby digital » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Cable fables...

Andrew D.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary or ego depends on him not understanding it."