Vintage Vinyl in Evanston, Illinois

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:36 pm

krabapple wrote:Might I also suggest that in addition to the vinyl/music shops, consider checking out local second-hand stores...the one near me has a whole room of people's castoff LPs and books...one of dozens of rooms of tchotchkes, kitchenware, candlesticks, hand tools, and other detritus.

That's a good idea. I've actually gotten most of my collection at thrift stores and rummage sales. You'd be amazed at what's out there, especially in a metro area like Chicago. When I was living there, I got hundreds of prime LP's for pennies on the dollar.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:55 pm

Dr. Wax is the same bunch of jackasses who ran Cut Corner (into the ground) in Lexington. They also have a few stores in Columbus, I believe.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Patrick M wrote:Dr. Wax is the same bunch of jackasses who ran Cut Corner (into the ground) in Lexington. They also have a few stores in Columbus, I believe.

Man, I miss the old Cut Corner over the Tolly-Ho.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney