Ohh, that wacky Emitt Rhodes

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Xenu
Sellout

Ohh, that wacky Emitt Rhodes

Postby Xenu » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:56 pm

http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000049.html

That's an ancient post, I'm sure, but I had never read the interview in question. Emitt manages to sound like an angry, all-too-frank Brian Wilson. And I had no idea Curt Boettcher was gay (although it in no way surprises me).

(Edit: On second thought, Emitt's odd reference to Pythagoras is even better)

Smafdy

Postby Smafdy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Maybe Emitt smoked his lunch that day. He seemed quite normal in the Tape Op interview from a few years ago.

BTW, right above the bit about Emitt he says this:

Several years back I almost bought a Beatles-related CD that I've now forgotten the name of. I'm hoping someone might remember it. Supposedly George Martin assembled a group of the best 'soundalikes' for each of the original Beatles, had them learn an album's worth of Lennon / McCartney compositions that The Beatles never put to tape, and then recorded the whole mess on vintage gear at Abbey Road. I've always regretted passing it up the one time I saw it for sale, simply because I'm curious as to how closely they came to replicating the sound. If you know what I'm talking about, please let me know.

Could he be talking about the Aerovons?