Funny website...

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Funny website...

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Check out the galleries for some great laughs:

http://www.anti-rice.com

-Matt

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:40 pm

Should I be the first to admit that I don't get it?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:18 am

Think young Asian men with pimped out Hondas...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:30 am

The first definition sums it up pretty well:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer&r=f

ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Source: ricecop04, Mar 15, 2004

-Matt

Rob P

Postby Rob P » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:31 am

I have to laugh at the ricer cars when I see them putting around town. The back of the exhaust looks like a coffee can (Folgers) stuck to the back of the car. The custom color is some wacky tropical shade. You can hear them humming down the road, because their exhaust tone sounds like some 2 seater Cessna 172 going down the runway. The back rear spoilers probably cost as much as the assessed value of the car itself. Oh, and don't forget something written in an Asian language across the back window.

This is not to be confused with tricked out ghetto hoop Ds, there's a slight distinction between the two. Usually, one won't see spinnin' rims and chromed out wheels on a ricer (but there will be costly aftermarket rims), nor will the trunk be full of pumping subwoofers (see Patrick M's picture in the RS). A trunk full of heavy subs would defeat the purpose of the Ricer. Also, they tend to choose different cars for each purpose. In Southern California, the distinction is often blurred, but in most other parts of the country, they're easily discernable.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 pm

You kids and your crazy vegetable cars.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:02 pm

lukpac wrote:Think young Asian men with pimped out Hondas...

...I'll dwell on the former and ignore the latter.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:24 pm

I'm sure you will.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD