Infused Vodkas

Got a funny story to post? Just want to talk? This would be a good place for that.
Sound

Postby Sound » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:39 pm

Patrick M wrote:
Rob P wrote:Has anyone had Skyy or Grey Goose before? Those are my next ones to sample.

Yes, but I gave up drinking altogether almost two years ago.

altogether almost or almost altogether?

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:21 pm

Sorry, "altogether" modifies "drinking" and "almost" goes with "two years ago."
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Sound

Postby Sound » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:58 pm

Patrick M wrote:Sorry, "altogether" modifies "drinking" and "almost" goes with "two years ago."

Then you should have said that you gave up absolutely, Absolute altogether almost two years ago.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:01 pm

I stand corrected.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Crummy Old Label Avatar

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Odd. Every Trader Joe's in California has a liquor section.

The best Vodka I know of is Finlandia. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:13 pm

Ess Ay Cee Dee wrote:
Xenu wrote:Trader Joe's is supposed to import some excellent, inexpensive potato vodkas. Problematically, I haven't yet found a Trader Joe's that sells liquor.

That surprises me. When I used to live in the Chicago 'burbs, every TJ I went to had a liquor section.

OFF TOPIC: Post #1000! WOO HOO!

The one I've been to in the city sells wine and beer, but not spirits.

chrischross

Postby chrischross » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:23 am

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:Odd. Every Trader Joe's in California has a liquor section.

The best Vodka I know of is Finlandia. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Finlandia is certainly one of the best deals going in vodka. Priced at $15 for 750 ml in my area, tastes good, no "burn" going down, mixes well with others.

I've stayed away from the super premium vodkas such as Belvedere, Chopin, and Grey Goose; but I've never gone wrong mid-priced vodkas such as Finlandia, Ketel One, or Boru (Irish vodka).

I've given up on Stoli's, just not enough flavor, and Absolut for that matter. Too much marketing hype over substance. They're fine vodkas, just flavorless and priced higher than the three mentioned above.

Local vodkas are prevalent in the Portland area, including Crater Lake and New Deal. With the local economy like it is, hard drinking is prevalent and in-style.

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:01 am

chrischross wrote:Local vodkas are prevalent in the Portland area, including Crater Lake and New Deal. With the local economy like it is, hard drinking is prevalent and in-style.

That said, isn't calling your vodka "New Deal" just a weeeee bit dire?

chrischross

Postby chrischross » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Xenu wrote:
chrischross wrote:Local vodkas are prevalent in the Portland area, including Crater Lake and New Deal. With the local economy like it is, hard drinking is prevalent and in-style.

That said, isn't calling your vodka "New Deal" just a weeeee bit dire?

Nahhh -- the New Deal was a good thing.

I think the distillers are just pushing a value for money brand. Why spend big bucks on Skyy, which is pretty wretched, IMO, when you can spend half the amount on something decent.

There's an entire generation moving out of P-town right now. Too many yuppie condos, not enough jobs. Things have not recovered from the dot-com hangover. There's no defense infrastructure base, so no way to tap into the new growth economy.

Maybe someone should start marketing Victory Gin.

Rob P

Postby Rob P » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:54 pm

chrischross wrote:There's an entire generation moving out of P-town right now. Too many yuppie condos, not enough jobs. Things have not recovered from the dot-com hangover. There's no defense infrastructure base, so no way to tap into the new growth economy.

Hee hee, that and Freedom Vodka.

Are there still a lot of Californians up in Portland bringing the economy down?

chrischross

Postby chrischross » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Rob P wrote:
chrischross wrote:There's an entire generation moving out of P-town right now. Too many yuppie condos, not enough jobs. Things have not recovered from the dot-com hangover. There's no defense infrastructure base, so no way to tap into the new growth economy.

Hee hee, that and Freedom Vodka.

Are there still a lot of Californians up in Portland bringing the economy down?

I don't know if they bring the economy down, but the impact is huge in driving real estate prices up up up.

You can trade-in your three bedroom ranch in California and upgrade to a McMansion in suburban Portland or a tony condo in the government subsidized Pearl District. Then you get to bitch about taxes.

It's all enough to drive one to drink!

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:10 pm

I'm a college student, of course, so anything above Seagrams is to die for.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:29 am

I've heard good things about this stuff but havn't had a chance to try any.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:08 am

Big empty building themed alcohol. Yes!
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:25 pm

and it gives you a HANGEROVER.

HA HA HA
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant