Spiegel interview with Tom Cruise

Let's talk about various types of religion.
Xenu
Sellout

Spiegel interview with Tom Cruise

Postby Xenu » Tue May 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Sometimes I just love our German pals...

-------------------
SPIEGEL: Do you see it as your job to recruit new followers for Scientology?

Cruise: I'm a helper. For instance, I myself have helped hundreds of people get off drugs. In Scientology, we have the only successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. It's called Narconon.

SPIEGEL: That's not correct. Yours is never mentioned among the recognized detox programs. Independent experts warn against it because it is rooted in pseudo science.

Cruise: You don't understand what I am saying. It's a statistically proven fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. Period.

SPIEGEL: With all due respect, we doubt that. Mr. Cruise, you made studio executives, for example from Paramount, tour Scientology's "Celebrity Center" in Hollywood. Are you trying to extend Scientology's influence in Hollywood?

Cruise: I just want to help people. I want everyone to do well.

--------------

from http://service.spiegel.de/cache/interna ... 77,00.html

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue May 03, 2005 9:21 pm

SPIEGEL: That's not correct. Yours is never mentioned among the recognized detox programs. Independent experts warn against it because it is rooted in pseudo science.

Cruise: You don't understand what I am saying. It's a statistically proven fact that there is only one successful drug rehabilitation program in the world. Period.

Scary shit.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

dcooper

Postby dcooper » Tue May 03, 2005 9:56 pm

Like any good religious zealot, it's best to just forget facts and science and keep repeating the same garbage over and over again. it further reinforces your ignorance, and if the person you are talking to is gullible enough, you might swing them to your side.

p.s. Katie Holmes? This is a bullshit p.r.-crafted "relationship" between a gay man and a young actress desperate for attention, no?
Dan

The language and concepts contained herein are
guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the
place where the guy with the horns and pointed
stick conducts his business. - FZ

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Wed May 04, 2005 9:40 am

God bless the Germans. Only they have the anal-retentive gall to throw it back in Tom Cruise's face like that. And Dan, yes, her agent talked to his agent...

CitizenDan

Postby CitizenDan » Wed May 04, 2005 1:39 pm

Great stuff. And yes, is there any remaining doubt that, aside from being a no-talent zealot, Cruise is as queer as a three-dollar bill?
We were right about Vietnam. We were right about Nixon. We were right about Reaganomics. Trust us -- we're right about Bush, too.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu May 05, 2005 11:40 am

I'm not sure Scientology allows homosexuality....wouldn't they want to 'cure' it?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu May 05, 2005 12:30 pm

Yep. Or at least manage it so nobody knows about it.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

dcooper

Postby dcooper » Thu May 05, 2005 3:16 pm

krabapple wrote:I'm not sure Scientology allows homosexuality....wouldn't they want to 'cure' it?

Yes, but their "cure" for homosexuality works about as well as their drug treatment program.
Dan

The language and concepts contained herein are

guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the

place where the guy with the horns and pointed

stick conducts his business. - FZ

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed May 11, 2005 1:05 pm

RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed May 11, 2005 1:25 pm

'"Sure, it's total bullshit," Jurgenson added. "But that's Fictionology. Praise Batman!"'
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed May 11, 2005 10:53 pm

Yeah, I just saw that. Amazing what people can get away with nowadays!
-------------

dudelsack

Postby dudelsack » Wed May 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Anyone see the pictures of Cruise on Oprah? He's really gone of the deep end now to convince everyone he's straight. :shock:

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed May 25, 2005 8:39 pm

I did, but I didn't want to be the first to mention it.

He also recently trashed Brooke Shields for using Paxil to combat her postpartum depression (I believe the phrase "Where has her career gone?" was used at one point).
-------------

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu May 26, 2005 7:43 am

Because unlike Scientology, Paxil is clearly an irrational solution to mental health issues.

Ryan

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Fri May 27, 2005 12:13 pm