Kentucky: future home of the Creation Museum

Let's talk about various types of religion.
krabapple

Kentucky: future home of the Creation Museum

Postby krabapple » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:15 pm

I read about this n Maureen Dowd's Times column today , and *had* to take a look.
What I foudn was proof positive that Biblical creationists are practically indistinguishable from lunatics:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/walkthrough/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/ar ... s_wife.asp

"Explore the wonders of creation. The imprint of the Creator is all around us. And the Bible’s clear—heaven and earth in six 24-hour days, earth before sun, birds before lizards.

Other surprises are just around the corner. Adam and apes share the same birthday. The first man walked with dinosaurs and named them all!

God’s Word is true, or evolution is true. No millions of years. There’s no room for compromise."

"T. rex—the real king of the beasts. That’s the terror that Adam’s sin unleashed! You’ll run into this monster lurking near Adam and Eve. How’s this possible? Find out soon!"

"Witness the confusion of languages at the Tower of Babel and the subsequent dispersion of peoples. Unravel the mystery of the origin of the so-called ‘races.’ Discover how the science of anthropology actually confirms the Bible’s history!"

"Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. For instance, some people let their hair grow over their ears to hide the fact that one ear is lower than the other—or perhaps someone’s nose is not quite in the middle of his or her face, or someone’s jaw is a little out of shape—and so on.

"Cain was in the first generation of children ever born. He (as well as his brothers and sisters) would have received virtually no imperfect genes from Adam or Eve, since the effects of sin and the Curse would have been minimal to start with (it takes time for these copying errors to accumulate). In that situation, brother and sister could have married with God’s approval, without any potential to produce deformed offspring.
By the time of Moses (a few thousand years later), degenerative mistakes would have built up in the human race to such an extent that it was necessary for God to forbid brother-sister (and close relative) marriage (Leviticus 18–20).12 (Also, there were plenty of people on the Earth by now, and there was no reason for close relations to marry.) "

"Some people think that dinosaurs were too big, or there were too many of them, to go on this Ark. However, there were not very many different kinds of dinosaurs. There are certainly hundreds of dinosaur names, but many of these were given to just a bit of bone or skeletons of the same dinosaur found in other countries. It is also reasonable to assume that different sizes, varieties, and sexes of the same kind of dinosaur have ended up with different names. For example, look at the many different varieties and sizes of dogs, but they are all the same kind-the dog kind! In reality, there may have been fewer than 50 kinds of dinosaurs"

and oh, btw, the Columbine massacre was caused by teaching evolution
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... 1/bomb.asp
Last edited by krabapple on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:18 pm

How exciting for Ryan and Patrick! :D

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm so proud.

Actually, I heard about this quite a while ago, when it first being discussed. It's not very popular and seen by many as something (?) of an embarrassment. It doesn't help that it's in Northern Kentucky, which is really just a suburb of Cincinnati. (Trivia - the "Cincinnati" airport is actually in Kentucky.) While Cincy is hardly a model of progressivism, the "Kentucky" stereotypes don't apply.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:37 pm

Sorry, Ryan, that won't wash. Ken Ham's moron factory (Answers n Genesis ministry) is also based in northern KY (Hebron & Petersburg) and the stereotypes *all* apply. Sheesh, just *look* at him...all that's missing are the corncob pipe, the straw hat and the jug of 'XXX' moonshine.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/

Last edited by krabapple on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:47 pm

Oh, Lord. I'm moritfied. The fucker's got an Amish beard, fer crying out loud.

We're not all like that. Really. There are many really cool people here. Trust me.

Ah, shit.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

RDK

Postby RDK » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:52 pm

There's so much to say about this, but my momma always told us not to make fun of retards...
ray

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:06 pm

This would be fun to go to, just to laugh out loud during it:

15 September 2004 — We’re not talking about so-called ‘reality TV.’ At the Creation Museum special effects theater, you’ll see true stories from the Bible, not embellished with unrealistic subplots. And the unusual twist is accuracy—both biblical and scientific!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/ ... heater.asp

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:50 pm

I guess that poor wheelchair-bound soul in the back is a victim of sin-infected genes.

Ryan

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:40 pm

Ryan, do you smell a road trip?
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:09 pm

I don't know if I could resist.

Ryan

Dob

Postby Dob » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:18 pm

The museum (depending on the pace of donations) won't open until 2006 at the earliest, and possibly not until 2007.

If there's a road trip, count me in. I love Skyline (Cincinnati-style) chili! Make mine a 3 way.
Dob
-------------------
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance" -- HL Mencken