Server speed

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Server speed

Postby lukpac » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:43 pm

The server is at a new location now, which means it has a new IP address. It might also be a bit slow until sometime next week, as my speed hasn't been bumped up yet. Let me know if you notice any problems.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

MK

Postby MK » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:51 pm

Earlier today I couldn't connect to the site and now I can but when I hit "post reply" or "submit" it SOMETIMES gives me this error message/page:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error clearing sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1034 Incorrect key file for table: 'phpbb_sessions'. Try to repair it

DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time < 1133639456 AND session_id <> 'd23ba255d0dc85911e837cb7df52d9d6'

Line : 316
File : sessions.php

Easily rectified by going back and hitting post reply again, eventually it goes through, but just thought you'd want to know.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:19 pm

Same here.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:29 pm

I've seen that too. I'll have to check it out. Could be this version of phpBB, or something with the database. Seems to be getting confused.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:59 pm

Ok, should be good now. Looks like one of the MySQL tables was crashed. Fixed it.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:03 am

Any notes on the speed? The DSL should be a wee bit faster than it was before the move.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:41 am

No problems I've noticed.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant