Stereo Central Official Apology

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
Crummy Old Label Avatar

Stereo Central Official Apology

Postby Crummy Old Label Avatar » Wed May 04, 2005 1:59 am

I just posted this as a sticky at SC:

http://stereocentral.kazorum.com/stereo ... out20.html

COLA wrote:
It transpires that some twisted shit-stirrer registered as "lukpac", "awestra" and "crummy old label avatar". All of the posts attributed to those names WERE NOT WRITTEN BY AMY OR LUKE.

This person's attempt to cause a damaging rift between SC and FLO is galling in and of itself, but pretending to be Amy and/or Luke, posting hostile messages under their names, is truly a despicable act. However "low" some people may have found some of the (oftentimes) savage humor in the old Snakepit, none of the participants ever sank to such levels. I believe that person really owes an apology (and then some) to Amy and Luke. Needless to say, Amy and Luke now know who that person is.

It goes without saying that I definitely owe a sincere apology to Amy and Luke. They have always been gracious hosts at FLO, and the exasperating posts attributed to them at SC seemed so strange, so entirely out of character.... I should've known that these were the work of a troll. The failing, however, was mine, and I am sorry about that.

I just hope that Amy and Luke understand that. I want FLO and SC to peacefully co-exist, and I know that they can.

One is welcome to say anything one likes at SC -- JUST DON'T HIDE BEHIND SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME. SC is tolerant, but we draw the line at that. Capiche?

I am very sorry for this mess. I just hope that Amy and Luke will accept our apologies. We were duped by a troll, and we should have known better.

I have deleted all posts by the fake Amy and Luke. I do hope that the REAL Amy and Luke will register and post at SC.
If you love Hi-REZ TAPE HISS, you're REALLY going to love Stereo Central

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed May 04, 2005 8:29 am

Thank you.

I don't plan on getting involved over there, but have fun.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Re: Stereo Central Official Apology

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed May 04, 2005 9:45 am

Crummy Old Label Avatar wrote:I am very sorry for this mess. I just hope that Amy and Luke will accept our apologies. We were duped by a troll, and we should have known better.

I have deleted all posts by the fake Amy and Luke. I do hope that the REAL Amy and Luke will register and post at SC.

Ditto. What happened over there yesterday was insane and I'm sorry that it had to affect Luke and Amy, who really have been very patient and tolerant. My temper got the best of me and I wrote some things that were unfair (and have now been deleted). I can also blame my temper for my odd, OCD-esque deletion of 90% of my non-Snakepit threads earlier this week. :oops:

The very last thing I would want to see is bad blood between SC and FLO. Obviously, any and all FLO members are welcome at SC and I would hope that we're still welcome here at FLO.

Mike LaFontaine

Postby Mike LaFontaine » Wed May 04, 2005 10:32 am

Amy is being attacked by a troll over there right now.
These trolls were/are obviously not Luke's friends.
Wha Happened?

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed May 04, 2005 11:03 am

Mike LaFontaine wrote:Amy is being attacked by a troll over there right now.
These trolls were/are obviously not Luke's friends.

I've deleted three new accounts so far this morning. I don't see what the point is. Everyone here knows that we're not behind it, so I don't know why someone's still trying to cause discord. Whatever.

The latest one is from the same IP address as the two from yesterday. It appears to be coming from the Boston, MA area.

awestra

Postby awestra » Wed May 04, 2005 11:26 am

That IP is banned on FLO, along with the other ones they had posted from.
Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R Tolkien

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed May 04, 2005 11:27 am

awestra wrote:That IP is banned on FLO, along with the other ones they had posted from.

I've banned that IP and one other so far at SC.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed May 04, 2005 11:47 am

I just got two user adds via e-mail for SC. I'm assuming they are already deleted?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed May 04, 2005 11:52 am

lukpac wrote:I just got two user adds via e-mail for SC. I'm assuming they are already deleted?

Yes.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed May 04, 2005 12:44 pm

Damn, I always miss the good stuff! I missed this whole fracas.

Anyway, I dunno about you guys, but that 'Steve Hoffman' guy posting to SC doesn't seem authentic to me either.

:roll:

Has anyone notified the real SH that someone seems to be impersonating him?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed May 04, 2005 12:56 pm

For the benefit of those not looking at both sites, SC is now manually authorizing all sign-ups.

That should put the smackdown on this stupidity.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Gee Oh Are Tea

Postby Gee Oh Are Tea » Wed May 04, 2005 1:33 pm

krabapple wrote:Damn, I always miss the good stuff! I missed this whole fracas.

Anyway, I dunno about you guys, but that 'Steve Hoffman' guy posting to SC doesn't seem authentic to me either.

I have my doubts about this "krabapple" guy at SC. He has racked up three posts real fast and he even uses a "Grant" quote in his sig file.

Very, very suspicious.

Cliff

Ess Ay Cee Dee

Postby Ess Ay Cee Dee » Wed May 04, 2005 1:35 pm

krabapple wrote:Anyway, I dunno about you guys, but that 'Steve Hoffman' guy posting to SC doesn't seem authentic to me either.

"Steven Hoffman" is posting from Nashville. Draw your own conclusions.

Stretcher Case

Postby Stretcher Case » Wed May 04, 2005 2:47 pm

So this is how a certain forum's members "retaliate"? Grow up.

If anything, Stereo Central's vibe appears to be a wonderful site of randomness, without the fixation on SH.TV. There's room for all kinds of music forums on the 'net. That a particular forum's members would decide to act in concert to sabotage is incredible, but is typical brownshirt behavior. I'd expected nothing less.
ALHAJI ADAMU IDRIS IS NOT HAPPY THAT YOU DEMANDED HIS PASSPORT.

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Gee Oh Are Tea wrote:
krabapple wrote:Damn, I always miss the good stuff! I missed this whole fracas.

I have my doubts about this "krabapple" guy at SC. He has racked up three posts real fast and he even uses a "Grant" quote in his sig file.

Very, very suspicious.

Cliff

You dare question the authenticity of my peopsonhood? :evil:

Nashville, hmmm....doesn't Yesman operate out of there?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant