Where's David Goodwin? <eom>

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:07 am

Ed Lansing wrote:I think we're getting a bit off topic here.

So lets focus here. If we don't there's no telling how far off track we'll get. The next thing you know we'll be discussing what kind of music and the quality of its mastering gets our girlfriends (real, imagined or inflatable) wet and willing.

Warmest, Sensitive Regards,

Lovely Ed

Hello Ed. I don't believe we've been properly introduced, but that's kind of irrelevant. You seem like a warm, sensitive guy. I like that. I wish more people were that way. And you probably neither use drugs or profanity. I like that, too. And you're right. I think this discussion could very easily veer off topic. But CD mastering having "that" kind of effect on a woman? I've read that elsewhere, but personally I'm skeptical. My wife listens to Bon Jovi exclusively. That makes her "excited." I've shown her pictures of various remastering engineers, but she thinks they all look icky. Go figure.

I'd like to show her a picture of David McGoodwin, but I don't believe he's ever been photographed. In fact, has anyone ever actually *seen* the guy to verify that he even exists?

Ed

Postby Ed » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:45 pm

Hi Ron,

Glad to see you here. We're all such a fun and lovely bunch here. Glad to have your contributions.

First off, I'd like to congratulate you with the success you've achieved with Bon Jovi. Was it the current remaster or the original 80's Cee Dee that did the trick for you ? BTW, if it was the original 80's Cee Dee did it sound like a flat transfer ? It must've been for it to have worked so successfuly for you.

Being married, I've had no success with any audiophile records as of yet, but with an exgirlfriend I made an interesting revelation a few years ago:

I played her 2 recordings. The first one was a Ray Charles / Betty Carter Rhino 2 for 1 Cee Dee. I figured this would put her in the mood for some serious romance. Nothing too crazy just some heavy petting with character dress up (I prefer Batman to her Mary Lou Retton costume) and mild bodily fluid exchange. Well...let me tell you...no such luck. She threw a lamp at me, smashed the Cee Dee, called me a loser and made me sleep outside in my car. I felt so dejected.

The next night, I tried again. This time I put on the Dee Cee Cee gold disc of Ray Charles / Betty Carter and within the first few moments I'm finding myself tied up with a leather hood on, being raped like I was in some B-rated late night prison film on Cinemax. I can tell you the experience was quite magical. I knew I was feeling real love at that moment. It was a devastating tragedy a week later when she found out she was a lesbian and left me. I was crushed to say the least...

So clearly, I feel this proves that it is, in fact the mastering that makes the difference. But I also feel it's important to mention that you can not achieve these results with a Cee Dee Are of the Ray charles / Betty Carter gold disc. You must obtain an original pressing (preferably a Japanese pressing, as they all sound better than the U.S. pressings). Once in awhile one of these pop up on ebay for a semi-inflated price. Also, be sure it comes with the original slipcase and lift lock jewelcase as that does in fact affect the sound of the Cee Dee. Trust me on this one. I'd send you mine but I'm currently using it in an attempt to seduce my neighbor's 18 year old daughter. I know, I'm married, but my wife works long hours and is never home, so I get lonely. Does this make me a bad person ? If so, I'll stop trying immediately. I just wanted everyone's input and possibly their approval as I'm not very good at thinking for myself.

Thanks for reading, and most of all...caring.

Your friend, Lovely Ed
Lukpacite...and proud of it ! I'm not hungry, I'm full, so don't feed me.

Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:27 pm

No, Ed, your attempt to seduce your neighbor's daughter does not make you a bad person. Loneliness is bad. Actually, drugs, profanity and loneliness are all bad. That you are using the Japan issue of the gold disc shows me that you care about this girl--that this isn't just a new conquest for you. Your recent experiences with the Rhino issue have obviously made clear to you that quality does matter. Would your neighbor's daughter know the difference between the tube mastered gold and solid state mastered aluminum versions from the same company of that Betty Carter/Ray Charles disc? That's a tough call, but why risk it. Stay with the gold. And again, I'm impessed that you're using the Japan issue. To my taste, a little over the top, but you obviously want to leave nothing to chance. I respect that.

You'll notice that we have indeed veered off topic here. I don't care. David McGoodwin, if he even really exists, is a trouble maker. And there are still the drug user name calling and profanity issues. Maybe I care too much about that. Let's just say I care. Caring is good, I think.

Ron

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:53 pm

Ed, I'm surprised you are using the Ray Charles approach to seduction. This must be a substantial change from your high school days, when you were using White Lion to seduce women. With lyrics like this, how could you not score?

So we left the party
And went to her place
You could see excitement
Written on my face
So she took me upstairs
Laid me on her bed
When she god undressed
I just lost my head
There were twenty years of woman
There was more than I could eat
She was ready, ripe 'n' willing
I just knew she'd taste so sweet

Ed

Postby Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:49 pm

Ron and Patrick,

Thanks you for your warm and considerate responses. They are truly thought provoking. you are my forum brothers.

I must admit Patrick, the use of White Lion never occurred to me. After reading those deeply touching lyrics, how could I not have scored. Ah...well you live and learn.

To be honest I did see some guy seduce an inflatable female companion back in a Cape Cod Staples store in the office furniture section a few years back while listening to a Japanese pressing of the Beatles' Abbey Road. It was kind of fun, until he started calling her "Mom". At that point I felt I had to leave. Oh well...

Warmest Regards, Ed

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:37 pm

Ed wrote:I must admit Patrick, the use of White Lion never occurred to me. After reading those deeply touching lyrics, how could I not have scored. Ah...well you live and learn.

Dear Ed,

Upon listening to the "Best of White Lion" CD, where you not heard to remark that it brought back memories of getting laid in high school? Perhaps I am in error.

You are my brother. Well, not really.

Ed

Postby Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:06 pm

Patrick M wrote:
Ed wrote:I must admit Patrick, the use of White Lion never occurred to me. After reading those deeply touching lyrics, how could I not have scored. Ah...well you live and learn.

Dear Ed,

Upon listening to the "Best of White Lion" CD, where you not heard to remark that it brought back memories of getting laid in high school? Perhaps I am in error.

You are my brother. Well, not really.

Dearest Brother Patrick,

Back in the day, ANY music was OK if it got you some. White Lion through their sensitive inspired lyrics touched the core of America's male teenage market and let them know that you can still be a sensitive guy who's not afraid to cry while still being a dirtbag who would willingly experiment on 15 year old girls backstage and on the tour bus. Of course there was never much left to have as the road crew already had the girls during the show. How do you think they got backstage in the first place ?

In this day and age, so much is left to improvisation.

Best, Ed

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:36 pm

Dear Ed,

The way you talk about high school, it sounds like you are really into nostalgia. So there's something else we have in common! I would like to take this opportunity to point out that kids today are fat, ungrateful bastards.

Warmest regards,
-Patrick

Ed

Postby Ed » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:44 pm

Jeez Patrick, I know what you mean ! I remember back the 80s (long time ago) when walkman's used batteries...wait...they still use batteries don't they ? OK, bad analogy (snap me into focus anytime here). Now that I'm in my early 30's I feel so jaded and outdated, so out of touch with the world of today. Hell, just yesterday I found out that Elvis isn't touring anymore. What the hell is this world coming to ?

Best, Ed

Ron

Postby Ron » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:26 pm

Ed wrote: Hell, just yesterday I found out that Elvis isn't touring anymore.

Huh?

Ed

Postby Ed » Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:01 pm

Sorry Ron. Sometimes my sarcasm gets me carries me away.

Best, Ed

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:27 pm

I really do like this whole "McGoodwin" personally, as everyone always thinks I'm Irish anyway.

Really.

This is something you needed to know.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Ron

Postby Ron » Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:52 pm

Xenu wrote:This is something you needed to know.

Riiiight.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:26 am

Xenu wrote:I really do like this whole "McGoodwin" personally, as everyone always thinks I'm Irish anyway.

Really.

Don't look at me.

I just assumed you were a rich fag Jew.

And you're on drugs.

Ron

Postby Ron » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:48 am

lukpac wrote:I just assumed you were a rich fag Jew. And you're on drugs.

You know, I think this is the first time I've ever laughed out loud at a Luke post. There's gotta be some sort of meaning there. Or not.