Need some kind of global navigation scheme

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
Patrick M

Need some kind of global navigation scheme

Postby Patrick M » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:35 am

Navbar, anyone? I think you should have some way (besides the dropdown list) to jump from forum to forum. I should know, as I have 4 months professional experience in web design. :lol:
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:52 am

Duly noted. Unfortunately that requires screwing with the style code.

Sooner or later...

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:16 pm

Luke: The default font for the entire board would appear to be too small. In particular, the font displayed when typing a post is waay too small. It's possible that the default font size is something you can change, seeing as you're Top Dog and all. "McGoodwin"? Read that on ICE.

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:57 pm

Looks like you fixed it. Much better. Doomo arigatoo. But a Nav bar would be very useful . . .

awestra

Postby awestra » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:59 pm

I made some adjustments. Luke may or may not change them back.
Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R Tolkien

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:53 pm

Ron wrote:Luke: The default font for the entire board would appear to be too small. In particular, the font displayed when typing a post is waay too small. It's possible that the default font size is something you can change, seeing as you're Top Dog and all. "McGoodwin"? Read that on ICE.

I see Amy changed some things, although I'm not exactly sure what at the moment. As far as I know everything *should* be rendered in pixels (rather than points), which means everything should look identical in every browser. What browser are you using, Ron?

Yeah, I'm aware of the comments "Jane" made over on ICE. Just thought I'd yank your chain.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:25 pm

Ron wrote:Looks like you fixed it. Much better. Doomo arigatoo.

What is the best sounding version of this classic Styx album?

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:56 pm

lukpac wrote:I see Amy changed some things, although I'm not exactly sure what at the moment. As far as I know everything *should* be rendered in pixels (rather than points), which means everything should look identical in every browser.

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20020819.html
http://css.nu/faq/ciwas-aFAQ.html#QA02
http://www.macedition.com/cb/cb_20010604.shtml

Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:47 am

lukpac wrote: What browser are you using, Ron?

I'm using MS Internet Explorer. I just conpared the "reply" box here with the one at SH.tv--it's smaller here and kind of difficult to read. The font sizes on the forum pages themselves would appear to be the same, however.