FLO

Announcements, questions and answers about how the forum works. Want a feature added? Ask here.
Rspaight

FLO

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:00 pm

Hmmmm. So would that make the official forum motto "Kiss my grits!"?

Ryan

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:48 pm

How about "Kiss my UDII"

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:59 pm

It's got potential -- depending on how you pronounce "UDII," it even sounds sorta dirty.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Ron

Postby Ron » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:31 pm

Call it insecurity on my part if you will, but I feel uncomfortable whenever I'm left out of what looks like fun. Could either of you fellas explain just what in blazes you're talkin' about?
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:45 pm

The COOL FUCKING LOGO. (Flo was a Sassy Redheaded Southern Waitress that said, "Kiss my grits!" a lot on a 70s sitcom called "Alice".)

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Ron

Postby Ron » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:52 pm

Yes, I was aware that FLO referred to the Cool Fucking Logo [CFL]. And now I get the "grits" connection. I only wish I were cool enough to have gotten the reference without asking. Maybe if I tinker juuust a little more with the dosage. . . .
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:10 am

Not half as uncool as I'm feeling for referencing a 70s sitcom and realizing I saw it when it was first on.

Ryan

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:25 pm

Er . . . gotta ask what with all these "Alice" online confessions and all . . . but were you also a big fan of "Three's Company"?

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:45 pm

Rspaight wrote:Not half as uncool as I'm feeling for referencing a 70s sitcom and realizing I saw it when it was first on.

I, too, saw it when it was on TV, and I am - by most calendars - a good 4 years younger than you. It looks like the series ran till '85, though:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0073955

Ron, check this out:

http://www.hellfire.com/celebs/polly_holliday.html

That series was based on a Scorsese movie. I guess "Mean Streets: The Series" didn't have the same ring to it.

I had a 'thing' for Nancy McKeon in the early 80s.

Ron

Postby Ron » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:06 pm

That's weird. I've also felt that "Mean Streets" would've been a good vehicle for a sitcom :mrgreen: . MR. GREEN IS BACK!

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:52 am

"Three's Company" was great. The spin-off "The Ropers" was vastly underrated. Who *wouldn't* want to watch a weekly half-hour of Norman Fell fending off Audra Lindsey's sexual advances? Plus, future "Garry Shandling" star Jeffrey Tambor! Comedy gold!

Well, er, yeah. Anyway. I watched a lot of TV when I was a kid.

Even so, I *didn't* remember that Flo wasn't even on the show for the last few years, as the IMDB link points out. Guess I lost interest once "Knight Rider" came along.

Ryan

Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:58 pm

Damn! That was going to be my next question: "Er . . . what with all these 'Three's Company' online confessions and all . . . were you also a fan of 'Knight Rider'?"