MK

Good later day "Simpsons" episodes

Postby MK » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:53 pm

To borrow a quote, "There must be a pony here somewhere."

Here's three I can think of:

The trip to New York City

"Tomacco"

Homer as the mayor's bodyguard with Mark Hamill

They're not marked departures of the current formula, but somehow they seem to work for me. I can think of a few other moments, like when Homer and Marge sink that judge's boathouse and she laments losing a quilt that was a family heirloom. Homer's response? "So....it cost you nothing?"

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:13 pm

Yeah, the NYC episode was great, although that was a few years ago.

When I saw the thread title I thought of "Tomacco," but only because it was one of the few I saw/remember. I haven't seen it recently, but it's one that just doesn't quite feel right to me.

Don't think I've seen the bodyguard episode.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

MK

Postby MK » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:43 am

Tomacco definitely feels like they crammed as many jokes as they could, regardless of quality control: the jokes are numerous and all over the map, the plot veers everywhere, but for some reason most if not all of it works for me.

The spelling bee/ribwich episode was also a good one, with George Plimpton doing a good job. That's another problem, wasting guest voices. I can't tell you how many guest voices as either characters or themselves seem to be superfluous in the last couple of years. But Plimpton was used well.