The Boob That Ate The World

DVD/TV/movies/etc
Rspaight

The Boob That Ate The World

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:03 pm

I'm really very, very sorry I'm even bringing this up, but I've just gotta vent about this ridiculous firestorm. Listen to this crap:

- Jackson's publicist said she may back out of Sunday's Grammy Awards, scheduled to air on CBS. Jackson reportedly had been scheduled to introduce a tribute to ailing singer Luther Vandross. She has apologized for the Super Bowl exposure.

- CBS has placed both audio and video on a delay for the Grammys. ABC announced it would do the same thing for the Oscars, scheduled for February 29.

- NBC has trimmed a glimpse of an 80-year-old's breasts during an emergency procedure from Thursday's night's episode of "ER," according to The Associated Press. The network said Wednesday it had "unfortunately concluded that the atmosphere created by this week's events has made it too difficult for many of our affiliates to air this shot." "ER" executive producer John Wells was angered by the move.

- The NFL has replaced one of Timberlake's 'N Sync band mates, JC Chasez, in Sunday's Pro Bowl halftime show. The new halftime plan is for a Hawaiian extravaganza featuring hula dancers, drummers, conch shell blowers and local singers, the AP reports.

- The Federal Communications Commission has launched an investigation, and FCC Chairman Michael Powell said he did not believe the breast exposure was an accident. Powell said MTV and the CBS network's 16 owned-and-operated stations and more than 200 affiliated stations conceivably could be fined $27,000 apiece.

- MTV has suffered other fallout as well. The school board in Laguna Beach, California, voted unanimously Wednesday to forbid the network to build a reality show around the lives of its high school students, according to the AP. Board members had tentatively approved the deal last week. It would have given the district as much as $40,000, plus royalties for college scholarships, the AP reported. The deal was nixed after the board faced opposition from angry parents. "The tenor of the landscape has changed in light of the events during the Super Bowl," school board member Bob Whalen told the news service.

- The NFL was also upset by MTV's halftime show, saying the network, which has produced halftime shows for the Super Bowl in the past, will never work again for the sports league.

CHRIST. "The tenor of the landscape has changed in light of the events during the Super Bowl." WTF? You'd think Jackson's tit destroyed the World Trade Center or something. What freakin' galaxy do these morons live in?

Chopping up ER? To protect all the kids watching at 10:30 PM from the sight of an 80-year-olds bare chest during an emergency procedure?

Firing some other poor schmuck out of N'Sync? What did they think, that he was gonna whip out his dick?

Fining the affiliate stations, who had NO CONTROL over any of this, $27,000 apiece? What the hell does *that* accomplish? And how come Colin's kid is suddenly pretending to have a pair? If he stood up to Clear Channel and Murdoch the way he's bravely taking on an errant mammary gland, we'd all be a lot better off.

All this garbage is *way* more offensive than The Tit ever was.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:08 pm

To no one's surprise, legal action has now followed:

A banker from Knoxville, Tennessee, filed a class action lawsuit against Jackson, dance partner Justin Timberlake, CBS, halftime show producers MTV and the networks' parent company, Viacom. Terri Carlin said the "sexually explicit conduct" by the performers caused millions of people to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury."

Serious injury? I think the only person in danger of that was Timberlake.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Grant

Postby Grant » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:06 pm

All the while, parents are trying to explain penile erectile dysfunction to their daughters...

britre

Postby britre » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Grant wrote:All the while, parents are trying to explain penile erectile dysfunction to their daughters...

This statement puts it all in perspective!

Jackson's boob? Please... Dolly Parton had bigger ones with more presence during primetime shows, and I turned out allright. Also, and hopefully I am not being offensive to any women on this board, I have seen better live ones in fact recently, than Janet Jackson will ever have or show on tv to me.

Am I offended? I could care less, it was crappy commercial TV trying to get ratings. Am I suffering pain? Yes. I have to listen to this crap day in day out, and hear about no talents like Jackson and Timberlake to whom the stunt was most likely the only real talented act they will ever perform.
American pop culture has really lost sight of what matters in life. It is too bad it is all the children will know is how completely short sighted and unrespectful to reality we really are in this day and age.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:30 pm

britre wrote:I could care less

I think you meant you *couldn't* care less.

As for the breast, well, it's a breast. Are girls not supposed to look at their own bodies?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Grant

Postby Grant » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:55 pm

No, I really could care LESS, less than I do now! :D