- Jackson's publicist said she may back out of Sunday's Grammy Awards, scheduled to air on CBS. Jackson reportedly had been scheduled to introduce a tribute to ailing singer Luther Vandross. She has apologized for the Super Bowl exposure.
- CBS has placed both audio and video on a delay for the Grammys. ABC announced it would do the same thing for the Oscars, scheduled for February 29.
- NBC has trimmed a glimpse of an 80-year-old's breasts during an emergency procedure from Thursday's night's episode of "ER," according to The Associated Press. The network said Wednesday it had "unfortunately concluded that the atmosphere created by this week's events has made it too difficult for many of our affiliates to air this shot." "ER" executive producer John Wells was angered by the move.
- The NFL has replaced one of Timberlake's 'N Sync band mates, JC Chasez, in Sunday's Pro Bowl halftime show. The new halftime plan is for a Hawaiian extravaganza featuring hula dancers, drummers, conch shell blowers and local singers, the AP reports.
- The Federal Communications Commission has launched an investigation, and FCC Chairman Michael Powell said he did not believe the breast exposure was an accident. Powell said MTV and the CBS network's 16 owned-and-operated stations and more than 200 affiliated stations conceivably could be fined $27,000 apiece.
- MTV has suffered other fallout as well. The school board in Laguna Beach, California, voted unanimously Wednesday to forbid the network to build a reality show around the lives of its high school students, according to the AP. Board members had tentatively approved the deal last week. It would have given the district as much as $40,000, plus royalties for college scholarships, the AP reported. The deal was nixed after the board faced opposition from angry parents. "The tenor of the landscape has changed in light of the events during the Super Bowl," school board member Bob Whalen told the news service.
- The NFL was also upset by MTV's halftime show, saying the network, which has produced halftime shows for the Super Bowl in the past, will never work again for the sports league.
CHRIST. "The tenor of the landscape has changed in light of the events during the Super Bowl." WTF? You'd think Jackson's tit destroyed the World Trade Center or something. What freakin' galaxy do these morons live in?
Chopping up ER? To protect all the kids watching at 10:30 PM from the sight of an 80-year-olds bare chest during an emergency procedure?
Firing some other poor schmuck out of N'Sync? What did they think, that he was gonna whip out his dick?
Fining the affiliate stations, who had NO CONTROL over any of this, $27,000 apiece? What the hell does *that* accomplish? And how come Colin's kid is suddenly pretending to have a pair? If he stood up to Clear Channel and Murdoch the way he's bravely taking on an errant mammary gland, we'd all be a lot better off.
All this garbage is *way* more offensive than The Tit ever was.