Aviator and Million Dollar Baby cheap

DVD/TV/movies/etc
MK

Aviator and Million Dollar Baby cheap

Postby MK » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:34 pm

This is weird but it seems to be legit. Amazon.com is selling a two-pack containing double-disc special editions of both for $10.99. The retail is only $14.99 but the sale price is $10.99. This makes no sense because the retail price of the individual DVD's is actually greater than this two-pack. If there are any Harvard business grads out there, please tell me why this makes sense.

Quite frankly, I think "Aviator" is a decent but second-tier Scorsese, and Million Dollar Baby has a lot to love but is still pretty heavy-handed and a bit predictable. But whatever, they're cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CC ... de=dvdtalk
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

MK

Postby MK » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:37 pm

BTW, apparently they're selling them at Costco and Wal-Mart for $10 too (both in full frame and widescreen editions - the Amazon.com listing I linked is for widescreen). So if you want to support Sam Walton et al, feel free to shop there.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto