Random DVD notes - upcoming releases

DVD/TV/movies/etc
MK

Random DVD notes - upcoming releases

Postby MK » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:49 pm

As you know Simpsons Season 6 came out this week. Comes in a yellow Homer-shaped head, but if you want the 'traditional' packaging so it matches with the other five sets, Fox has an 800 number you can call - you pay shipping and they send you a box. The number's in the note that comes with the set and supposedly the problem with the 800 number has been corrected, but if for some reason it doesn't connect, try dialing 888 instead of 800.

Having said that, Season 7 is due in DECEMBER, so they're shooting these out pretty quick.

More Disney vintage cartoons due in early December, including some rarities, again two discs apiece, all under the "Walt Disney Treasures" collection banner.

A new souped-up Evil Dead 2 is coming out in late September, new transfer, bonuses including commentary with Raimi, Campbell and others.

Batman Begins hits DVD in mid October in two versions, one no-frills one and one loaded two-disc version with a ton of shit. Check out Amazon, all the details are there.

At the same time, they'll also issue all four of the previous Batman movies 1989-on in two-disc special editions, available separately or in one package. The last two suck, but the first two have plenty of merit, even the campy 'Returns' which is more of a Tim Burton film than a Batman film (if that makes any sense). They'll also release those crappy WWII-era cheapie serial films in one complete collection. The cover art looks pretty cool, but believe me, the films won't.

HILL STREET BLUES, one of those sacred cow TV shows (never saw it myself) finally is hitting DVD, but no date, probably sometime in 2006.
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war." – Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Neither slave nor tyrant." - Basque motto

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:19 am

Anyone know what that "alternate" Simpsons box looks like? snpp.com doesn't mention anything yet. I don't mind the "head" box, but it might be interesting to have the "normal" one too.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:30 am

I don't think anyone's seen the alternate box yet. It might not even exist yet...

Also, don't miss the original King Kong, finally coming to DVD on November 22.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:54 am

Rspaight wrote:I don't think anyone's seen the alternate box yet. It might not even exist yet...

Also, don't miss the original King Kong, finally coming to DVD on November 22.

Ryan

Just in time to compare it to Jackson's?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant