CompUSA closing

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

CompUSA closing

Postby lukpac » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ETQI3S.DTL

Consumer electronics retailer CompUSA said Friday that it will go out of business after the holidays following sale of the company to Gordon Brothers Group LLC, a restructuring firm. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

CompUSA of Dallas operates 103 stores, which plan to run store-closing sales during the holidays.

Privately held CompUSA, controlled by Mexican financier Carlos Slim Helu's Grupo Carso SA, said discussions were under way to sell certain stores in key markets. Stores that can't be sold will be closed.

Not exactly surprising, but I actually think I've seen more people in CompUSA the few times I've been there than Circuit City. How *that* place stays in business is beyond me...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:51 pm

Yes, this has been inevitable for a while.

It's interesting that's there's not really a full-service option for individuals anymore, like the old mom and pop computer stores. For most people, you buy a box from Best Buy and take your chances. I guess once you figure out how to use Google your support needs are largely taken care of.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney