Firefox 2.0: Try this

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Firefox 2.0: Try this

Postby lukpac » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:55 pm

Click on a link. IMMEDIATELY hold down ALT. What happens?

Ever since installing 2.0, pages have been (seemingly) randomly downloading instead of loading in a browser window. I couldn't for the life of me understand how or why. Well, the other day I noticed it happened when I went to ALT-TAB right after clicking a link. A quick experiment seemed to confirm that there's a window where pressing ALT *after* clicking results in the same action as an ALT-click.

Anyone else notice this? I guess I frequently switch to another window after clicking a link, and it's driving me nuts.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:41 pm

I can't seem to make it happen on Tiger. I'll try XP when I have a chance.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

krabapple

Re: Firefox 2.0: Try this

Postby krabapple » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Same experience as Luke here (XP Home, SP2, Firefox 2.0.0.1). NEver noticed it before.
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:32 pm

Oh, yeah, XP here.

Not sure if I have an older version somewhere to try...
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:22 am

Can confirm on XP.

Now that I've tried XP, it seems Tiger does it too, it's just that the window a quite a bit shorter. It's easier on XP (it seems like you can do it with a tiny gap between the click and the Alt), but possible on Tiger if the click and Alt practically overlap.

I've never managed to trigger it accidentally.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney