Firefox CPU issues?

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Firefox CPU issues?

Postby lukpac » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:31 am

Anyone else have this problem? I'll be using Firefox without problems on XP and then put my laptop into hibernation. After turning it back on, though, about half the time things will be really unresponsive. The scroll region on my trackpad won't work in Firefox at all, and sometimes the cursor itself won't even move. Task manager will show 99% CPU utilization by Firefox. Going to different sites makes no difference, but stopping Firefox and restarting it does.

I've had Firefox go nuts on some Flash animations before, but this seems to be different.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:28 am

RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:31 am

Ack, replace "3000+" with "3400+" and that's me.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD