Quick Time plugin - playing while downloading?

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Quick Time plugin - playing while downloading?

Postby lukpac » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:38 pm

Ok...am I the only one with this problem? When playing an MP3 using the QT plugin (in Firefox, if that matters), if the file downloads too quickly I get a stutter after a few seconds. The plugin loads, the file starts playing right away, but after about a second the sound mutes for a second or two, and then starts again. This doesn't happen if the file downloads more slowly, or if I keep things paused for a brief moment.

Happens on both my work (2000) and home (XP) PCs, and I *think* it happens on my Mac as well. What gives?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:31 am

Am I the only one with this problem?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:34 am

Well, maybe it's that not too many people play MP3s with the Quicktime plugin? I know I don't. Are we talking in-line Mp3s or files you download with the browser?
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:41 am

I'm talking I click on a link and the MP3 plays in the browser. I believe it's the default for Firefox.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:54 pm

Seems to be fixed in QT 7, thankfully...