Good IMAP email provider? Or hell, just something free?

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
Xenu
Sellout

Good IMAP email provider? Or hell, just something free?

Postby Xenu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:14 pm

Hey all,

In a few short months, my university email address will apparently fall into the abyss.

In its four years of existence, though, I've become used to the idea of decent server-side spam filters and IMAP access. I know everyone and their mother has migrated to Google, but Google just offers Pop3.

Is there a good, non-ISP-bound IMAP provider out there that doesn't charge an arm and a leg? (i.e. something like $20 a year is damn reasonable)
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:16 pm

Why do you need IMAP?

I could probably set up IMAP. I don't know a whole lot about it, though. And I haven't been using spam filters.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:46 pm

I need IMAP because...I want to be special?

For now, I'll cave and go with gmail. IT'S! TOO! OBVIOUS!
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:10 pm

I've had Gmail for close to a year and a half. So nahh.

Maybe you should use Pine.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

balthazar

Postby balthazar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:24 pm

Pine Is Not Elm?
"It's great how you can control 60 musicians with one just stick-- I can't control these fuckers with two!" -- Ian Paice

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:23 pm

Exactly.