Bookmarking a page where the URL doesn't change

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
Patrick M

Bookmarking a page where the URL doesn't change

Postby Patrick M » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:17 am

I tried googling on this, but I don't know the right voodoo of terms to enter.

How does one go about bookmarking a page that is, e.g., the result of a form submit?

For example, I want to bookmark a bunch of classifieds, but the URL either never changes or can't be bookmarked, so it doesn't work.

Examples:

http://www.amnews.com/localphp/classifi ... sified.php

Each button on that one submits a form that posts to itself.

http://www.dispatchwheels.com/

I hate linking to the root, then manually re-running the search every day. There has to a better way...?

The only thing I've come up with so far is client side scripting.
Chuck thinks that I look to good to be a computer geek. I think that I know too much about interface design, css, xhtml, php, asp, perl, and ia (too name a few things) to not be one.

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:33 am

Well, the Amnews page also works with GET, so you could do this:

Lost & Found

Just add ?submitted= to the URL followed by whatever the value is. And change spaces to %20.

I haven't looked at the other site.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Dob

Postby Dob » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:31 am

For dispatchwheels, try putting the cursor in the main field of the page and right clicking...under properties it will sometimes give you the (real) URL.
Dob
-------------------
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance" -- HL Mencken