Firefox question

Computers, gadgets, etc. Music/audio-related discussions should be posted in Audio Technology.
Beatlesfan03

Firefox question

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:45 pm

Downloaded the update for Firefox either last week or the week before and I've noticed that since the update, Firefox seems to be running at a snails pace. FLO still loads fairly quick, but some of the other mixed content sites I visit that used to load up fairly quickly are now taking forever to load. Also, while visiting eBay recently, I've had to refresh the page a couple of times before it would display properly.

Just curious if anyone else out there is experiencing the same thing. This happened once before to me when Firefox was in beta, but it got rectified when they officially released 1.0.

Thanks.
Craig

krabapple

Postby krabapple » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:55 am

fwiw I'm running Firefox 1.0.4 on WinXP Home, and no problems so far.
What version are you running?
"I recommend that you delete the Rancid Snakepit" - Grant

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 am

Hmm, no problems here (or at work). Have you tried clearing our your history/cache?
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:53 am

1.0.6 seems normal for me on Win2K (at work) and OS X (at home). If Luke's suggestion doesn't help, you might try totally uninstalling FF and then installing the new version.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Beatlesfan03

Postby Beatlesfan03 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:17 am

Running 1.0.6 like Ryan.

I've clear the cache and history a few times with little to no change in the final result.

To it's credit, it's still not as slow as IE. I'll try the reinstall and see if that clears things up. I might still have a pre-patch 1.0.6 here if the new one balks again.

Thanks for the help guys.
Craig

seth

Postby seth » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:08 pm

I downloaded 1.0.6 yesterday and I too thought it was slower. I thought maybe the reinstall cleared the cache and this was the explanation, since all the graphics of the pages I visit, etc., have to be newly downlaoded (I have dial-up at home). I hope this is the case, anyway. :|