Kelley book: Bush did coke at Camp David, Laura smoked weed

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Kelley book: Bush did coke at Camp David, Laura smoked weed

Postby Rspaight » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:16 pm

This is complete gutter trash and has nothing to do with the real issues of this campaign.

I was so appalled I thought I'd share.

Ryan

BUSH 'TOOK COCAINE AT CAMP DAVID'

Sep 6 2004

And wife Laura liked dope, says book

By Emma Pryer

GEORGE W Bush snorted cocaine at Camp David, a new book claims.

His wife Laura also allegedly tried cannabis in her youth.

Author Kitty Kelley says in her biography The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty, that the US President first used coke at university in the mid-1960s.

She quotes his former sister-in-law Sharon Bush who claims: "Bush did coke at Camp David when his father was President, and not just once either."

Other acquaintances allege that as a 26-year-old National Guard, Bush "liked to sneak out back for a joint or into the bathroom for a line of cocaine".

Bush has admitted being an alcoholic but, asked during the 1999 election if he did drugs, he said: "I've told the American people that years ago I made some mistakes.

"I've learned from my mistakes and should I be fortunate enough to become president I will bring dignity and honour to the office."

Later an aide clarified his remarks saying Bush hadn't taken illegal drugs in the past 25 years.

Kelley says that the Bush family covered up scandals because of their wealth and influence. She claims George W started drinking at school and continued at Yale university to overcome shyness.

Former student Torbery George says in the book: "Poor Georgie. He couldn't relate to women unless he was loaded."

Another says: "He went out of his way to act crude. It's amazing someone you held in such low esteem later became president."

His supporters have slammed the allegations as outrageous.

The White House said: "This book appears to be filled with the same trash discredited years ago."
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:35 pm

Will moveon.org do a series of commercials about this issue? Will somebody? Please? Of course it's irrelevant, but dirt is effective (witness Kerry's standing in recent polls... that's not a post-convention bounce for Bush, it's a Swift Vets drop for Kerry). You have to fight dirt with even nastier dirt, I'm afraid. I hope the Democrats' ineptness at dirty campaigns doesn't cost them the election.

Kjoerup

Postby Kjoerup » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:52 pm

On a related "family values" note there's this:

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/ ... index.html

Bush twins swill vodka, stiff the help

Mayor Michael Bloomberg hailed the Republican National Convention as an economic boon to the city, but it turned out to be a bust for the poor saps stuck serving the tight-fisted Bush girls. According to the New York Post’s Page Six, the debaucherous twins spent all night Wednesday getting trashed at the Manhattan club Avalon, and then stiffed the help. As the Post reports, "They [and their entourage of about 25] drank $4,500 dollars worth of drinks — bottles and bottles of vodka,' says a club insider. 'Then, having been comped all the alcohol, they left a $48 tip. We thought 1 per cent was kind of outrageous, considering they are the president's daughters.'"

Leave aside what this says about the girls’ respect for working people. These kids and their friends swilled $180 worth of booze per person. A galloping sense of entitlement, apparently, isn’t the only thing that runs in the Bush family.

-- Michelle Goldberg

Kjoerup

Postby Kjoerup » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:56 pm

And this:

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2004/0 ... index.html

For those about to Rock, we ignore you

First twins Jenna and Barbara Bush took in a Kid Rock concert Wednesday night at the New York club Avalon (housed in an old Episcopalian church and formerly the notorious club Limelight), but alas couldn't manage to get much support from their fellow Rock-loving young Republicans. "The twins earnestly tried to lead the hundreds of beer-drenched, rowdy Republicans in a chant of 'Four more years! Four more years!'" reports Lloyd Grove in the New York Daily News. "But it was not to be. The teeming masses below, clamoring for a Kid Rock encore, drowned out the Bush daughters' feeble yells, and Jenna and Barbara were soon forced to abandon their quixotic quest." So sad. Perhaps in defiance of the crowd's defiance (and certainly in violation of New York's bar smoking ban), Jenna "lit up and shared cigarettes with friends as she danced," according to the Washington Post.

Mike Hunte
Senior Troll

Postby Mike Hunte » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:33 am

Here's the one that seemed ripe for the picking:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/ ... 8437.shtml

Unfortunately, the Dems will probably lie down (again!) while the Republican Goon Squad racks up numbers for the Prez with their usual recipe mix of half truths and zero truths.

Swift Boat was proof positive that you can float a stinky, baseless piece of crap, and most Americans will eat it up for breakfast if it smells tasty enough.

Dob

Postby Dob » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:35 am

czeskleba wrote:Of course it's irrelevant, but dirt is effective (witness Kerry's standing in recent polls... You have to fight dirt with even nastier dirt, I'm afraid. I hope the Democrats' ineptness at dirty campaigns doesn't cost them the election.

And that's why I love politics! (delivered with all the extreme, totally disgusted sarcasm I can muster).
Dob
-------------------
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance" -- HL Mencken

czeskleba

Postby czeskleba » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm

Mike Hunte wrote:Here's the one that seemed ripe for the picking:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/ ... 8437.shtml

Unfortunately, the Dems will probably lie down (again!) while the Republican Goon Squad racks up numbers for the Prez with their usual recipe mix of half truths and zero truths.

See, a 30 second commercial featuring this Barnes guy talking about getting Bush into the Guard, aired during Monday Night Football... that would be very effective. Instead, moveon.org is wasting time with things like a commercial about censuring Bush. The people that Kerry needs to reach in this election do not know what "censure" means. Why is this not obvious to the people with the power to do something? Did they not learn anything from the Bush Sr. vs Dukakis campaign?

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:09 pm

Dems in general could learn a lot from Republican electioneering. They don't seem to have an answer for Bush's Brain.