Fletcher for Governor

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:28 pm

Here's a better, albeit partial transcript:

Meanwhile, voters across Kentucky received automated calls suggesting the calls came from "the homosexual lobby" and supported Beshear.

"Beshear is receiving major support from out-of-state gay activists and has publicly committed to same-gender relationships, employment of more homosexuals in state government, including teachers, and support for homosexual adoption of children," the calls said. "If you believe these rights are fair, please vote for Steve Beshear for governor."

And, in yet another desperate play to the base, Fletcher posted the Ten Commandments in the state capitol.

http://kentucky.com/454/story/222641.html

I can't wait to be rid of this worthless clown.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:38 pm

And... here's the real thing (complete with sound clip):

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/11/k ... eshear.php

For the first time in 20 years, the homosexual lobby proudly endorses a Kentucky candidate for governor: Steve Beshear. Beshear is receiving major support from out-of-state gay activists and has publicly committed to same-gender relationships, employment of more homosexuals in state government including teachers, and support for homosexual adoption of children.

If you believe these rights are fair please vote for Steve Beshear for governor. Visit Fairness.org.

Talking Points Memo is on the case, and is dredging up priceless quotes like this:

Keller also denied that there was any sort of innuendo when Robbie Rudolph, Fletcher's running mate, referred to the Democratic ticket as "a couple of San Francisco treats." Keller said the line "was not in any way an allegation of them being homosexuals. That was an allusion that the Beshear/Mongiardo campaign, and Steve Beshear, is far out of touch with Kentucky's values."

Endless mirth down here in the sticks.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:39 pm

Rspaight wrote:http://kentucky.com/454/story/222641.html

"In Frankfort, Fletcher ordered a King James version of the Ten Commandments to be put on display in the Capitol Rotunda, along with other historic documents he called the "Foundations of American Law and Government." The 10 framed documents, such as the Declaration of Independence, the Magna Carta and the lyrics to The Star-Spangled Banner, are framed and sitting on easels.

Fletcher spokeswoman Jodi Whitaker said the display was unrelated to the election."

Cute.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 pm

What a weasel.

Is there any special significance to the timing of the current election, or is Kentucky always on an off-year?

-D
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:52 pm

It's a normal cycle. Fletcher was elected in 2003.

And promptly became a laughingstock after getting caught up in a massive merit-job hiring scandal that prompted him to issue pre-emptive pardons to practically his entire staff and take the Fifth in front of a grand jury.

Frankly, I'm surprised he managed to win the Republican primary.

If you believe these rights are fair please vote for Steve Beshear for governor.

Done.

Ryan

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:32 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/06/ ... index.html

(CNN) -- Republican Kentucky Gov. Ernie Fletcher lost his bid for a second term Tuesday, while his GOP counterpart in Mississippi, Gov. Haley Barbour, was expected to breeze to victory in the marquee races of the 2007 off-year elections.

With about 76 percent of the precincts reporting in Kentucky, Democrat Steve Beshear was carrying 60 percent of the vote, well ahead of Fletcher at 40 percent, according to results from the state elections board. The Associated Press projected Beshear would win.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:29 am

Does this mean Fletcher is going to have to marry Beshear?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 am

Strange. I woke up this morning with a sudden overwhelming need to divorce my wife and marry a gay man from San Francisco.

And have anal sex in front of a kindergarten.

Ryan

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:02 am

Rspaight wrote:Strange. I woke up this morning with a sudden overwhelming need to divorce my wife and marry a gay man from San Francisco.

Not one from New York?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:38 am

No. I specifically desire a "San Francisco treat."

Ryan

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:49 pm

Mitch McConnell is worried. I just saw a campaign ad for his Senate race next year. By local standards it's ridiculously early for that sort of thing.

Ryan

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Rspaight wrote:No. I specifically desire a "San Francisco treat."

You should have been on Whad'Ya Know this morning.