Senator Santorum's Statement...

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:12 pm

Grant wrote:Somewhat related to the topic, but here is a site I found. Scroll down to the bottom for all of the states in the US.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Hehe...Atlases would be so much cooler if they included that sort of information.

I remember a conversation I had about a year ago...a friend of mine who had just turned 17 was joking that he was miffed that he had missed his opportunity to commit petty crimes and have 'em disappear from his record later on..^_^
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Grant

Re: Senator Santorum's Statement...

Postby Grant » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:49 am

balthazar wrote:

I hope you're not suggesting that sickle cell anemia is isolated to persons of African descent, because that's not the case, either.

No, just more common. Actually, it may have more to do with the part of the world one is decendant from.

Grant

Postby Grant » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:54 am

Xenu wrote:
Grant wrote:Somewhat related to the topic, but here is a site I found. Scroll down to the bottom for all of the states in the US.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Hehe...Atlases would be so much cooler if they included that sort of information.

I remember a conversation I had about a year ago...a friend of mine who had just turned 17 was joking that he was miffed that he had missed his opportunity to commit petty crimes and have 'em disappear from his record later on..^_^

I grew up in a state where the age of concent is 18. I'm still trying to imagine what things are like in states where it is 16, or younger.

Of course, this doesn't mean a person can, like, go to Mexico and get their rocks off on some 14-year-old babe. As a US citizen, you can be perfectly legal in another country, doing what you wanna do, but still be prosecuted for your acts upon your return to the US because you are still a US citizen.

balthazar

Re: Senator Santorum's Statement...

Postby balthazar » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:52 am

Grant wrote:No, just more common. Actually, it may have more to do with the part of the world one is decendant from.

Yeah, I saw that while I was digging for a little more information. From what I read, it's caused by a mutation that's supposed to make a person resistant to malaria. If that mutation is passed on by both parents, then the child gets sickle cell anemia.

If I remember the numbers correctly, 1 in 25 people of African descent are likely to develop it, while only 1 in 100 people of Hispanic descent, with smaller numbers of people of Arabic descent.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Thu May 01, 2003 1:40 pm

http://www.nypress.com/16/18/news%26col ... norile.cfm

But the creepiest bit in the article actually had nothing to do with gays or sodomy. It was this buried little factoid: "He and his wife, Karen, have seven children–including, as Santorum puts it, ‘the one in Heaven.’ Their fourth baby, Gabriel Michael, died in 1996, two hours after an emergency delivery in Karen Santorum’s 20th week of pregnancy. The couple took Gabriel’s body home to let their three other young children see and hold the baby before burying him…"

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu May 01, 2003 3:15 pm

Between this guy and Bill "I fraudulently adopted stray cats from shelters and killed them for medical experiments" Frist, the GOP leadership has got a lot of nerve talking about legislating morality.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Thu May 01, 2003 5:54 pm

Rspaight wrote:Between this guy and Bill "I fraudulently adopted stray cats from shelters and killed them for medical experiments" Frist, the GOP leadership has got a lot of nerve talking about legislating morality.

From his book.

Grant

Postby Grant » Sun May 04, 2003 2:23 pm

Rspaight wrote:Between this guy and Bill "I fraudulently adopted stray cats from shelters and killed them for medical experiments" Frist, the GOP leadership has got a lot of nerve talking about legislating morality.

Ryan

I'm a christian and even this guy and others like him disgust me!