TN/VA: And Then There Were Three (or Two)

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

TN/VA: And Then There Were Three (or Two)

Postby Rspaight » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:15 am

Tennessee:

Kerry 150,185 41% 31
Edwards 96,732 26% 20
Clark 84,589 23% 18
Dean 15,985 4% 0
Sharpton 6,080 2% 0
Kucinich 2,264 1% 0

Virginia:

Kerry 203,486 52% 54
Edwards 104,782 27% 28
Clark 36,461 9% 0
Dean 27,582 7% 0
Sharpton 12,822 3% 0
Kucinich 5,074 1% 0

With Clark out, this is all over, unless the ABK (Anyone But Kerry) crowd unites behind Edwards and somehow prevents Kerry from getting 50% of the delegates. (Note that Clark and Edwards combined would have easily beat Kerry in TN.) The current Wisconsin breakdown:

Kerry 45%
Clark 13%
Dean 12%
Edwards 9%
Undecided 17%
Sharpton 1%
Kucinich 1%

I don't see any way Kerry can lose that one, barring some ugly revelation. He's comfortably ahead of Clark+Dean+Edwards. I can't imagine the undecideds not going largely for Kerry.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:58 am

It's all "frontrunneritis" from now on. The press has crowned Kerry and the voters will vote accordingly. But who cares. Unless he steps on his dick he's well positioned to defeat Bush in November.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:57 am

As I saw on another forum, he'd have to get caught with a dead girl or a live boy to lose the nomination.

Ryan
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:21 pm

Unless he steps on his dick he's well positioned to defeat Bush in November.

Oh, crap, Ron, you had to go and say that, didn't you? The Drudge Report is in a twitching frenzy:

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk1.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 12, 2004 11:45:28 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST, THE HILL and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Developing...

Could be real, could be BS. Either way, Fox is starting to roll with it so it's gonna be big soon. I guess the AWOL thing was getting too close for comfort. (Or the Plame investigation was about to make news.)

Ryan

Ron

Postby Ron » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:25 pm

Christ.
Dr. Ron :mrgreen:TM "Do it 'till you're sick of it. Do it 'till you can't do it no more." Jesse Winchester

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:20 pm

Statement from woman and parents about rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry

(02-16) 10:00 PST (AP) --

A statement released Monday by Alexandra Polier, who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry:

"For the last several days I have seen Internet and tabloid rumors relating to me and Senator John Kerry. Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them. I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false. Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me, but should know the pain they have caused me and my family. I am in Kenya with my fiance visiting his family, and we ask that the press respect our privacy and leave all of us alone."

A statement by Terry and Donna Polier, the parents of Alexandra Polier:

"We have spoken to our daughter and the allegations that have been made regarding her are completely false and unsubstantiated. We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family. We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

©2004 Associated Press
Last edited by Patrick M on Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick M

Postby Patrick M » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:16 pm

So how does one explain these contradictory statements from the father?

New JFK hit by scandal

From BRIAN FLYNN
in New York

PRESIDENTIAL hopeful John Kerry was branded a “sleazeball” last night by the parents of a young woman he allegedly tried to woo.

Alex Polier, 24, was named as the woman at the centre of a scandal that threatens to damage Democrat Kerry’s bid for the White House.

Her mother Donna claims Kerry, 60 — dubbed the new JFK — once chased Alex to be on his campaign team and was “after her”.

There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: “I think he’s a sleazeball. I did kind of wonder if my daughter didn’t get that kind of feeling herself.

“He’s not the sort of guy I would choose to be with my daughter.”

Terry, of Malvern, Pennsylvania, added: “John Kerry called my daughter and invited her down to Washington two or three years ago.

“He invited her to be on his re-election committee. She talked to him and decided against it.”

Kerry is on the verge of sealing the Democratic nomination to take on George Bush in November.

The scandal broke yesterday on the Drudge Report website — which revealed President Bill Clinton’s affair with intern Monica Lewinsky.

One of Kerry’s former rivals, General Wesley Clark, told reporters earlier this week that Kerry’s campaign would “implode” over the issue.

Another Kerry rival, Howard Dean, has reversed his decision to quit the race because of the scandal.

Twice-married Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, was last night believed to be relaxing with his wife Teresa, a Heinz heiress with a £350million fortune.

After his first marriage and before his second the Vietnam hero was a well-known playboy with TV star girlfriends.

Journalist Alex was in Kenya last night refusing to comment.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:49 pm

I don't believe anything I read in the Sun. Page3.com, however, is a journalistic triumph.

Ryan