Fearless Veepbate Predictions

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Fearless Veepbate Predictions

Postby Rspaight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:18 am

Palin will give a shaky, talking-point-filled perfomance, but will not faint, vomit, or run offstage in tears.

Biden will do a solid job but say something dumb.

Biden's "gaffe" will dominate the news coverage. If mentioned at all, Palin will have "held her own."

McCain's numbers will go up.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 am

My take as well, unfortunately. Maybe he'll call the moderator "Jim." OMGZ!
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:20 am

Why Sarah Palin Is A Better Debater Than You Think

Of course, those clips are from Alaska-centric debates.

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:54 am

Some are saying the moderator, Gwen Ifill, has a conflict of interest.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/10/gwen_ifill_and_the_vice_presid.html
-Matt

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Reviews of Gwen Ifill's performance in the 2004 VP debate from the ultra-right Free Republic:

So, is the MRC going to apologize for misjudging Ifill's professionalism?

I thought Gwen Ifill did a very good job, aside from the occassional mix-up on who was due to speak. 

She made Lehrer look like a boob.

As to the debate, Gwen Ifill (sp?)did a very good job. I was very pleased with her...

I agree. She did good and asked some tough questions to Edwards.

You know, I'm as quick and ready as anyone to quick-draw on the unsubtle and subtle displays of bias -- but I thought last night Gwen was about as even-handed as one could hope. She asked Cheney tough ones, AND she asked Edwards tough ones. She even directly quoted Kerry after Edwards lied about what he'd said.

I expected to be sicked, and ended up impressed.

Gwen Iifil was fair enough by my standards. Far better than Jim Lehrer hwo had no probing questions for John Kerry's track record.

And Right Wing News:

I think Gwen Ifill is doing a far superior job to Jim Lehrer. She's actually making Edwards answer some relevant questions.

Gwen Ifill is nailing Edwards on the allies thing? Gwen, Gwen, Gwen, you are doing the job a moderator should...

Gwen Ifill "Well (30 seconds) is what you got". Best. Moderator. Ever. Lovin' her.

Gwen Ifill nailed Edwards on the experience thing? She rocks so hard! I don't remember the last time a MSM person other than Tim Russert actually made these clowns answer hard questions. I'll be interested to see the Democratic reaction to her questions....

Gwen Ifill is the best moderator EVER. Every future moderator should aspire to be like here...which of course means all the liberals will probably complain about her.

David R. Modny

Postby David R. Modny » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:54 pm

The sad part is that -- book or not -- someone would've probably floated the race card after the debate and accused Ifill of being in the tank for the Obama side anyway. Fear, loathing and division always works for some.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:33 pm

For what it's worth, I thought she was terrible in the 2004 VP debate.

http://forums.lukpac.org/viewtopic.php?t=1137
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Apparently I wasn't impressed, although I have no recollection of it. If not for my posts in that thread, I'd swear to you I hadn't seen it.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD