McCain on Homodoption

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Xenu
Sellout

McCain on Homodoption

Postby Xenu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llZuoMXpr4s

To quote the forum I pulled this from, I've never heard anybody speak for so long and not say a fucking thing.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:57 pm

This election is like Abe Simpson vs. Lyle Lanley.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Andreas

Postby Andreas » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Rspaight wrote:This election is like Abe Simpson vs. Lyle Lanley.

As someone who has only looked at this race from one ocean away, and one who has completely missed Obama's speech in Berlin (I have a transcript though), what is that you criticicze about the Democratic candidate?

Judging from the transcipt of his Berlin speech, he stands for:
1. global reduction of nuclear weapons
2. reduction of carbon emission
3. rejection of torture

I have no idea how much of this idealism and how much is honest conviction, but that sounds more promising than what I have heard from any US president since....Carter? Kennedy? He exceeds both.

Right now, he is probably the most popular US candidate ever in Germany. And in France. Which might be a problem for him.

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:49 pm

My criticism of Obama is that he talks a good game is uneven at best when it counts. Last year he said he'd filibuster any attempt at telecom immunity. This year he not only lets it pass, but he votes for it.

I know every politician does this, but Obama's whole aura is that he's not "every politician" -- which is clearly not true. He just has a slick sales pitch, hence the Lanley reference.

That said, he's 1000000x better than McCain even with that taken into account, for the reasons you cite and more. (McCain's flip-flop on torture is especially galling.)
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney