McCain runs from evangelical nutjobs

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

McCain runs from evangelical nutjobs

Postby Rspaight » Fri May 23, 2008 9:20 am

Now that he's got the nomination, he flip-flops yet again on his feelings about the religious right. First Hagee, and now Parsley:

McCain Rejects Right-Wing Preacher Rod Parsley, Too
By Eric Kleefeld - May 22, 2008, 11:12PM

John McCain has now publicly rejected the support of yet another powerful right-wing preacher, Rod Parsley of Ohio, after rejecting the endorsement of John Hagee earlier today.

McCain said of Parsley, a self-proclaimed "Christocrat" who has declared that America was founded with the mission of destroying Islam: "I believe there is no place for that kind of dialogue in America, and I believe that even though he endorsed me, and I didn't endorse him, the fact is that I repudiate such talk, and I reject his endorsement."

Parsley is in many ways a different case from Hagee, who at the end of the day can only deliver votes in what is already the safe Republican state of Texas. Parsley controls an evangelical vote operation that was pivotal in President Bush's 2004 Ohio victory. If Parsley were to view this as anything more than a pro forma rejection for the sake of appearances, it could have very real consequences down the road.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Wed May 28, 2008 3:47 pm

"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD