Chris Matthews becomes useful

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Chris Matthews becomes useful

Postby Rspaight » Fri May 16, 2008 8:19 am

Admittedly, most anyone could have totally dismantled this poor C-list conversative shouting head. But it's still satisfying to watch.

YouTube link
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Re: Chris Matthews becomes useful

Postby lukpac » Fri May 16, 2008 8:41 am

Rspaight wrote:Admittedly, most anyone could have totally dismantled this poor C-list conversative shouting head. But it's still satisfying to watch.

YouTube link

Wow, that guy actually hurts my ears. Ear bleeding conservatism.
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Fri May 16, 2008 9:57 am

My right-wing pal says that guy's idiocy is canceled out by Matthews' own error.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finke ... ttack-happ

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Fri May 16, 2008 11:04 am

Bennett Cerf wrote:My right-wing pal says that guy's idiocy is canceled out by Matthews' own error.

Matthews is still a boob, but it's pretty clear the Cole comment was an offhand remark, not the central point to his argument.

It was appeasement!
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Fri May 16, 2008 11:46 am

Bennett Cerf wrote:My right-wing pal says that guy's idiocy is canceled out by Matthews' own error.

I happen to agree on that point. It's hard to lambaste someone for a historical error and then commit such a straightforward gaffe in the process.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Yeah, Matthews is still a tool. In this case, though, a useful one.

Shame that just when he's about to have a rare moment of lucidity, he goofs it up. Such is our dumbed-down discourse. Wouldn't it be great if we actually had smart, knowledgeable people discussing issues on TV?

By the way, McCain says that Obama is now issuing "hysterical diatribes." Why do I get the feeling that was a line meant for Hillary that got hastily re-purposed?
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney