Indiana

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Xenu
Sellout

Indiana

Postby Xenu » Tue May 06, 2008 11:20 pm

On pins and fucking needles.
-------------
"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu May 08, 2008 12:52 am

So when's she going to quit?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 am

I doubt she'll get out before the 20th. She's going to win WV and KY big, so it doesn't make sense for her to get out before those are over. (Besides, it'll just make Obama look bad to be the newly crowned nominee and then lose two primaries.)

My guess is soon after the 5/20 primaries. (5/20 is also when most people seem to think Obama will have the pledged delegate race locked up.) Which means I'll get to vote in a contested presidential primary for the first time in my life.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 pm

So if it's not too personal a question, how are you going to vote?

Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Tue May 13, 2008 8:01 am

There's not a whole lot of difference on substantive issues. Obama has the advantage of not having voted for the war, but he wasn't in the Senate at the time so it's not really a fair comparison. I think he's right to call the gas tax holiday a gimmick, even more so since there's no chance of it happening. But overall they're more alike than different. So it really comes down to the candidates themselves.

Obama has irked me in the past with his awkward embrace of "ex-gay" ministers, but he's been pretty impressive otherwise. I appreciate his no-bullshit approach to many questions.

Clinton, on the other hand, is just one pander after another. Her quixotic insistence that Florida and Michigan were some sort of legitimate contests that were being suppressed, her cozying up to various right-wing mouthpieces, her cheerleading for nuking Iran, and even just this past week her desperate claims that she could win the "white" vote are all things I'd rather not endorse.

So I'll be going with Obama. Even though Clinton is going to carry this state without breaking a sweat. Oh, well, status quo for me.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Xenu
Sellout

Postby Xenu » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Status quo indeed. Most. Anticlimactic. Primary. Ever!
-------------

"Fuckin' Koreans" - Reno 911