Edwards and Giuliani both drop out

Expect plenty of disagreement. Just keep it civil.
Rspaight

Postby Rspaight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Josh Marshall over at Talking Points Memo makes a good point -- there's been a lot of saber-rattling over this story by the McCain camp, and they've threatened the NYT with legal action in the past over it (which my source confirms). So the printed story probably includes only the "safest" stuff they have, which is why it seems so padded.

The Washington Post was quick to pile on soon after the NYT piece was posted, so this thing has been percolating for a good while. We'll see if any more shoes drop.
RQOTW: "I'll make sure that our future is defined not by the letters ACLU, but by the letters USA." -- Mitt Romney

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:11 pm

I wasn't expecting anything like this for a few months.
-Matt

Matt
What color are leaves?: Green
Spam?: No

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Here she is:

-Matt

Bennett Cerf

Postby Bennett Cerf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

What does Alex Polier have to say about all this?

lukpac
Top Dog and Sellout

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:22 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/ ... index.html

Tara Sheridan of Berkeley, California
"I am a liberal that will vote either Clinton or Obama. That being said, I am really upset with the NYT and their tactics. This story is beyond terrible and I now have zero regard for the NYT. One thing that should not be messed with is McCain's integrity, everyone knows, even liberals, that he has high moral character. Even though I do not agree with his policies, I have a lot of respect for him."
"I know because it is impossible for a tape to hold the compression levels of these treble boosted MFSL's like Something/Anything. The metal particulate on the tape would shatter and all you'd hear is distortion if even that." - VD